Thursday, April 16, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom!


According to Allie, today my mom turns 16. In fact, Allie even hand made my mom a very special dress last week out of every single blanket and hair clip in her bedroom to celebrate the occasion. She also used her magic wand to concoct a beautiful birthday cake out of legos for my mom to enjoy before she has to be taken back to her real mother and father (who just happen to be the king and queen and live in a magnificent castle) so that she can marry her betrothed prince who, unbeknownst to my mom, is the same kind and handsome young man she met earlier in the day while singing and dancing around barefoot with her woodland creature friends amongst the wildflowers in the forest glen. If only all birthdays were that magical....
~~~~~~~~
Anyway, since our family was all together for Easter on Sunday, we took the opportunity to celebrate my mom's birthday. Allie was all over the pink flowers, birthday cake, and opening of birthday presents.
Allie also picked out my mom's card which just happened to be pink with a sparkly tiara on the front.


And, just to clarify a few things:
No, my mom is not actually turning 16.
Yes, the above pictures are actually pictures of my mom and not my sister.
Yes, my mom is old enough to have a daughter my age (good grief...how old do I look?!).
No, Allie is not her daughter, she is her granddaughter.
And, yes, that means my mom is old enough to be a grandma.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Happy Birthday Mom! I love you!

No comments: