Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Weight Loss Wednesday

Operation Weight Loss 2009
Week 15: 4/8-4/14
Weight Lost This Week: -2.0 pounds
Weight Lost To Date: -29.4 pounds
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Accomplishments:
Wooohooo! Even though I was sick with the nastiest cold/sinus thing for most of the week and I had to navigate my way through all the goodies that come along with Easter, I still lost 2 pounds!
~
I was probably a little psycho about the exercising, though. There were definitely a few days I should have stayed away from the treadmill, but I endured, even though I felt like I was going to pass out after my thirty minutes. We also went on a few bike rides and I am more determined than ever to master this new crazy, insane Pilates workout video. I have started doing this new video only every other day (on the off days I do one of my "easier" Pilates videos) because I definitely need to give my muscles a day to recoup...let me tell ya', I'm feelin' the BURN!
~
Anyway, I was also really proud of myself at Easter dinner. I stuck to my plan of filling up with mostly veggies/salad/fruit/lean protein. I passed on the stuffing, rolls, mashed potatoes, and gravy so that I could take a generous serving of my mom's Sweet Potato Souffle. It was soooo worth it. My mom's Sweet Potato Souffle only appears once or twice a year and even though I have the recipe and can make it whenever I want, for some reason my rendition never EVER tastes as good as my mom's. I did have cake for dessert, but I passed on most of the Easter candy (I snuck a few jelly beans, but they are fat free, you know!) and cookies.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Improvements:
This week is very busy, complete with plans to eat out several times (we normally try to stick to 1-2 times a week) in addition to my sister's wedding shower (where there will undoubtedly be more delicious cake!). So, my first goal is to make good choices while eating out. This is often easier said than done, but I am no longer uninformed and am fully capable of picking the better-for-me options at any restaurant that are lower in fat, carbs, and calories in addition to controlling my portion sizes and not over-eating. I know the foods I need to stick with and I need to continue to muster up the self control to do it. Also, I aim to exercise when I have the time and not get too critical of myself when I'm not able to fit in my normal routine. I know for a fact that there will be a few days this week already that my normal exercise routine will not be possible because of other plans.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fun Fact of the Week:
As I'm sitting here typing, enjoying the warm spring breeze from the open kitchen window while wearing a pair of cute crop pants that are 2 sizes smaller than the ones I wore last spring, I feel reeeaaallly good. I don't remember the last time I felt this good about the way my body looks. I know as a Christian woman I'm often told to focus on developing my mind, heart, and character instead of focusing solely on my physical appearance. So, I can see how a lot of you may be thinking that I've gone and jumped on the vanity wagon. For those of you in that camp, just humor me for a bit here.
~
Although I agree that focusing on who I am is incredibly important, I've also come to learn that taking care of my body, the one body that God has given me to serve Him throughout my entire lifetime, is also important. I guess it's that whole balance thing that comes into play again, huh? Anyway, I guess what I'm trying to say is that it has been a long, loooong time since I have felt like who I am on the inside has been reflected by my physical appearance on the outside. I feel like I am finally beginning to recognize that person staring back at me when I look into the mirror.
~
I have worked extremely hard to lose these 29.4 pounds. Just knowing that my lifestyle changes have resulted in looking better, feeling better, and being healthier boosts my desire to work even harder toward my final goal. I'm still trying to determine what the best weight for me is, but I'm definitely halfway there--only about 10-20 more pounds to go! Then, I have to figure out how to keep it that way...but this post is already long enough, so that whole weight maintenance issue can wait for another time.

2 comments:

Courtenay said...

You are truly my exercise inspiration! I'm starting to train for my 5K this week and I might be coming to you for advice on how to stay motivated! :) So proud of you. Almost 30 pounds!! YAY!!!!!!!!!

Allison said...

Almost 30 pounds is AMAZING! Congratulations! I look forward to your Wednesday posts all week!