Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Weight Loss Wednesday

Unfortunately, the following post will not be my usual installment of Weight Loss Wednesday. Between going out of town for my sister's bridal shower this weekend and Allie coming down with a nasty stomach bug (yes, there was puking involved), I didn't have the chance to get weighed in this week at my local Weight Watcher's meeting place.

I know I could post the numbers from my bathroom scale, but that just doesn't seem as "official" to me. Plus, I'm worried that my bathroom scale and the Weight Watcher's scale aren't exactly calibrated (if that's even the right word for it) the same because every single time I go to weigh in, without a doubt, I can always count on the number being higher on their scale than mine at home. Which, by posting my bathroom scale number this week, it is very possible that by next week the good ole' Weight Watcher's scale will have finally caught up to my home scale resulting in a nullification of any weight loss reported this week. And, no weight lost in any given week is definitely a tad bit depressing. Make sense? No? Well, at least I tried to explain my dilemma.

Anyway, Allie is sick. She pretty muched stopped eating after the shower on Saturday and spiked a 102 degree temp by Sunday. The puke came on Monday. She even fell asleep while watching a movie this morning, which only happens when she is deathly ill. We don't watch a ton of TV around here, so when we do, you better believe she has her eyes glued to the screen in an effort to not miss out on one single minute of movie viewing. Here's photographic evidence of her fast asleep while "Cars" was still playing:




As far as what I have to say about weight loss this week...

Basically, going out of town, staying in a hotel, and eating out four days in a row makes a serious weight loss effort extremely difficult.
So, here's the low down: The Good News and Bad News
~
The good news: According to my bathroom scale (and we've already covered the discrepancies with using my bathroom scale), I haven't gained any weight.
~
The bad news: If I have to eat another bite of a fast food salad with grilled chicken and Italian dressing, I just might hurl...which it seems everyone else in our home has been tossing their cookies lately, so really, why not me?!
~
Some more good news: Eating those salads in an effort to compensate for consuming a gigantor piece of the best cake I have EVER tasted, complete with chocolate mousse filling, at my sister's bridal shower was totally and completely worth it. In retrospect, I think it may have been an even better idea to skip lunch on the day of the shower so I could have gobbled down two of those pieces of cake.
~
The unfortunate bad news regarding the cake consumption: Apparently I'm not used to such high quantities of sugar anymore and my stomach was churning after only eating half of that piece of cake. Against my better judgement, I did finish the piece and then proceeded to lick my plate, fork, the serving knife, spatula, and part of the serving platter the cake came on completely clean. But, alas, even with skipping my lunch, I'm guessing that eating two pieces of cake would have been close to impossible, unless puking at the bridal shower was an option.
~
The good news: It was fairly easy to pick out a meal that was good for me at the local Mexican food restaurant.
~
The bad news: Resisting the bottomless chips and salsa offered takes intense self-control and concentration throughout the entire duration of dining at the Mexican food restaurant.
~
The good news: Packing healthy snack options like yogurt, apples, string cheese, and low-fat Fiber bars helped me not to make last-minute poor choices when I was hungry.
~
The bad news: Yogurt, apples, string cheese, and low-fat Fiber bars will never EVER taste as good as the Chocolate Eclair Custard at Culver's (don't worry, I didn't cave, but there may have been some drool dripping from the corner of my mouth while I watched Allie devour hers).
~
The good news: The treadmill was too big to take along with us and since I won't be seen exercising in public (or, at the very least, running in public), I did not visit the hotel exercise room. No treadmill for 3 days was a much needed break.
~
The bad news: Unfortunately, after 3 days off, it was extremely difficult for me to work up the motivation to drag myself out of bed at 6 am on Monday morning to tackle the treadmill. I did it, but oh so very reluctantly.
~
That's all I can muster up for today...come back next week for the usual report. Until then, I'm just hoping I can make it through the week without giving in to my craving for more cake (I honestly haven't had a strong craving for cake until I tasted it again this weekend...go figure, I have one piece and now I want to eat the entire pan!) and getting back into a diligent exercise routine.

No comments: