Monday, November 23, 2009

Some Monday Ramblings

First of all, a HUGE thanks to all of you that supplied comments to my previous post regarding your lack of brain function. How good to know that I am not alone in the brain loss department!
~
In other news, the streak of no sickness in our household has officially come to an end with the arrival of a 102 degree fever this past Saturday. The victim? None other than the birthday girl herself. With a cough, fever, and several complaints of just "not feeling too good," I'm wondering when or if we decide to blame swine flu or the common cold. Who really knows anyway?! So far, no one else has exhibited any symptoms, so I guess we just wait and see.
~
On to happier things...
~
Like preparing for the princess' birthday tomorrow. Yum. Cupcakes.



And, yes, I am fully aware that this is the second year in a row that we will be hosting a Disney princess birthday party. But, if the birthday girl wants princess cupcakes and chicken chili for dinner, I aim to please.
~
I also wanted to report that Zach is jumping now. Fortunately he's not jumping off of things...yet. He's just learned to jump with two feet off of the ground at once (we won't tell him that he only manages to get about a half inch off of the ground and almost falls down with every single attempt). He is intensely proud of himself and practices this new skill all. day. long. He no longer walks or runs around the house. Of course not. He jumps. And he also slams doors. And opens them. And slams them again. And throws himself on the ground, kicking and screaming, when I remind him that we do not slam doors. Or he tells me that he is playing "scare" with Allie (apparently, he is really into being scary as of late?).
~
Lastly, (wow this is probably one of the most random posts I have ever written) I want to sing the praises of Facebook. Ok, I know what you are thinking. Facebook...what a waste of time. But, honestly, I posted on Facebook this morning about how my knee has been painful lately after running and asked for suggestions and within 2 hours....whammo...I had several comments, tips, advice, etc. Basic conclusion: I need new running shoes and if that doesn't solve it, I probably have bigger issues. I know this sounds like quite an obvious solution to my dilemma, but it didn't even occur to me that the reason for my recent knee pain was old shoes. I mean, seriously, I have never EVER had to buy new athletic shoes before because I have actually worn them out! In fact, I assumed the shoes I bought in February were still new. Apparently I was misinformed.
~
Well, I think that about wraps things up for this rambling post. Off to prepare for tonight's flute lessons while I still have 32 minutes of nap time remaining.

No comments: