Now, I've never been a fan of the all vegetarian, meat-alternative patty (and I'm about the furthest away from a vegetarian as you can become), but these are honestly REALLY GOOD. I topped mine with low fat mozzarella cheese and a little pizza sauce and had an incredibly tasty warm sandwich for lunch. With only 70 calories, 1.5 g of fat, and 3.5 g of fiber, I'm an instant fan of the Boca Bruschetta Veggie Patty.
Also, since I'll always have a love affair with sugar and apparently my newfound obsession with peanut butter is just continuing to intensify, the kids and I made some tasty Double Peanut Cereal Bars today. At first, I thought these wouldn't be that good, but they are really tasty and definitely curb my sweet tooth. So, to end my post, I'll pass the recipe along to you:
Double Peanut Bars
- 1-1/2 cups Wheaties (I used Fiber One Flakes with Honey Clusters)
- 1 cup Multi Grain Cheerios
- 1/2 cup unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup chopped dried mixed fruit
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
1. In a bowl, combine the cereals, peanuts, and mixed fruit. In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, honey, and peanut butter. Cook and stir until brown sugar and peanut butter are melted and mixture is smooth. Pour over cereal mixture; gently stir to coat evenly.
2. Transfer to an 8-inch square dish coated with cooking spray; gently press down. Cool (I put mine in the fridge because they can get quite sticky) and cut into 12 bars. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts: 1 bar = 151 calories, 5 g fat, 2 g fiber, Weight Watchers Points Value = 3