Monday, January 11, 2010

Allie, Zach...Where are You Guys?

I am absolutely in shock at how well behaved my children are being today. Although Allie and Zach aren't horribly behaved on a normal day-to-day basis, they definitely have their moments where their absolute worst shines through. However, in addition to the grocery store trip we took this morning where there was no whining, crying, running away, hitting, kicking, or begging for food packages plastered with cartoon characters, they've been playing peacefully together for the past hour after they ate every last morsel of their lunch without complaining that I didn't cut their sandwiches the correct way. I was actually planning on putting them down for naps a half hour ago, but I think I'm just going to let them play and enjoy the peacefulness that is currently pervading our home.

I'm not sure what is in the air today that has caused such great behavior, but whatever it is, I'd like to think it has something to do with my impeccable parenting skills (haha...I only wish).

It is so interesting that a mere 24 hours after Zach had several mini-melt downs while we were visiting a friend's church service and after Allie literally cried herself to sleep last night because she wasn't ready for the weekend to be over, that we would be having such a fantastic Monday. There really is no rhyme or reason to it, is there?

I guess I should just stop asking why and enjoy it while it lasts.

On the other hand, I really am starting to wonder when the real Allie and Zach will make their reappearance. I believe I just overheard Allie asking Zach if he would like to come into her room and play with her princesses. This day is just full of pleasant surprises!

No comments: