Monday, January 25, 2010

Pajama Day

This morning when I looked out the window and saw a fresh coating of snow on the ground and more flakes swirling through the air, I officially declared it Pajama Day. Since Zach is still suffering from a severely stuffy nose and a mild fever there was no objection on his part and Allie is always begging to stay in her pjs each morning, so she was more than happy to comply.
~
I also spent the morning in my pajamas, doing a little cleaning and getting dinner ready for tonight (we're having breakfast for dinner...complete with egg bake and blueberry pancakes...yum!), but since I have to teach flute lessons this evening, by noon I thought it was about time I take a shower and get dressed because I'm not sure how my students would react to my showing up to teach them completely unshowered and in my pajamas. And, although I am secretly hoping for blizzard-like conditions so I'd be forced to cancel lessons for the evening(because I want nothing more than to put my pjs back on and spend the remainder of the day watching movies with the kids cuddled up on the couch), according to the weather reports it looks as if we aren't far enough North for my wish to be granted.
~
Since I haven't been too great with taking photos this month, here's a few I snapped this morning while we were having fun in our pjs.

The above "grimace" is apparently in response to my command to "smile." And, yes, he is carrying around a pink Hello Kitty purse with a green Gideon's New Testament tucked inside. That's definitely a better smile face, Zach. I am so jealous of Allie's doughnut jammies. I wish I had a pair. Because, whenever I am down, sprinkled doughnuts definitely make me smile.

Hmmm...upon closer examination of the above picture, I'm thinking Zach's cold may have morphed into an ear infection. Doesn't it look like he's tugging at his ear? We may have a doctor's appointment in our very near future.

Anyway, other than that one episode where they were both being so rowdy that they knocked over a lamp, picture frame, and candle off of our end table this morning, it has been a fun day (plus, the fact that I didn't even have to utter a word after the incident before they voluntarily placed themselves in time out tells me that I must be improving my "look").

Allie has definitely been Zach's little mom today....she read him books for over a half hour after she helped him cover up with a blanket on the couch, she helped him build his lego Cars town, and even invited him into her room to play dress up and princesses with her. She told me before naps that Zach is her best friend which I'm sure she'll need to be reminded of when she's 17 and he's 15.

2 comments:

lsalsa said...

Too cute! We love PJ day too, we had our Saturday! Oh and BTW I tried the Pineapple Chicken receipe, BIG HIT! Thanks!

Jen D said...

It's good to know we're not the only ones that celebrate PJ Day :) And, I'm glad your fam liked the recipe--we're having it tomorrow, again!