Sunday, January 17, 2010

Sunday Thoughts

As I sit down to write this post I fully admit to the fact that I have been wearing my pajamas since 2:00 this afternoon. Although I am not ill, I do claim exhaustion behind my need to change into pajamas as soon as we arrived home from church. After enduring an intense 2-year old tantrum upon drop off at the toddler classroom, attempting to entertain a four year old who does not understand the definition of “whisper” through the first service, and spending the second service steering eight third grade girls in discussion of the 10 Commandments as opposed to cute clothes, movies, and American Girl dolls, I honestly feel like I have nothing left. Plus, exhaustion sounds far better than owning up to the ugly truth that my pj's are about the only clean thing I have left to wear. And, everyone knows that doing laundry on a Sunday is in direct violation of the fourth commandment. So, this Sunday afternoon I am left with no other choice than to honor God by wearing my pj's.

With that confession out of the way, I can now proceed with the remainder of my post...which implies that I actually have a main point. And, you guessed it, I don't.

I could tell you about Allie screaming at the top of her lungs for approximately 35 minutes after going to bed last night and how Ben and I sat on the living room couch trying desperately to muffle our laughter at the ridiculousness of the situation, but I'm fairly certain I would not be able to adequately capture the hilarity of the situation with mere words alone. Thankfully, we always know there will never be lack of drama in our home as long as Allie is around.

I could also tell you about one of the cutest and most well-behaved third grade girls in my Sunday School small group that insisted today that her family does not have any rules in their home. Upon my questioning her assertion, she did admit that they maybe had one rule: No hitting.

Or, I could tell you about how disgusted Ben was with the Vikings victory today. But, since I pretty much despise all things football, I feel that taking up any more space on my personal blog discussing football would be disloyal to myself.

I could tell you about how Zach likes to pretend he's a different animal every day, but I fear the thorough description of his “baby bear” whines might literally drive you to insanity.

So, because I really have no purpose in blogging today, other than ignoring the fact that both my kids are refusing to nap and that football is still on our television, I think I'm going to continue in obedience of that fourth commandment by proclaiming leftovers for dinner and proceeding to take a nap.

No comments: