Sunday, March 7, 2010

Basically, a Little Bit of Everything...from Thomas to My New Gigantic Purse

As the kids and I are sitting here watching a Thomas the Tank Engine movie (after a very full and busy Sunday, leaving mom completely exhausted with absolutely no energy to negotiate whose turn it is to play with the rocket ship ride on car) while Ben is out in the garage cutting some wood trim for the basement bedroom that he began putting the finishing touches on this weekend, I figured it was about time I updated the ole' blog.

The truth is, my life seems a bit uninspiring lately, leaving me little in the way of blogging material. Although I know you all love to hear about all the ins and outs of Zach's waste expulsion in intricate detail, I am simply tired of thinking about it. But, just to keep you all in the loop, I can provide a brief update.

Basically, Zach has excellent control of his urine (in fact, he has woken up two mornings in a row completely dry and proceeded to use the potty right away!), but seems to have little to no control over when Number Two shows up. Suffice it to say, it always seems to come at the most inopportune moments (ie-during his Sunday School class this morning) and I feel like I have cleaned up more poop in the past two weeks than I have in my entire life as a mom (granted, it has only been 4.5 years, but trust me, it has been a lot of poop).

Because of this new little problem, it has become necessary for me to carry around the diaper bag everywhere we go (complete with tons of wipes, plastic bags, a few changes of clothes, and of course the jelly beans). However, due to the recent loss of my mind exemplified by my uncanny ability to forget the diaper bag every time I leave the house (or if I do indeed remember to grab it, I almost always leave it in the van when we arrive at our destination), I decided the best solution for me would be a bigger purse....that way, I could stuff everything I needed into one bag instead of two.

Fortunately, I found the perfect solution at Kohl's on clearance for $11! Score! I can honestly say it is the largest purse I have ever owned. Actually, I'm not even sure you could call it a purse. It definitely fits more in the category of large bag. In fact, sometimes when I'm carrying it over my right shoulder, I definitely feel the joint getting a little sore and then I start to feel a bit self conscious when I realize that I officially own a bag that is large enough to tote around a small to mid size dog.

And, the purse purchase was literally the most exciting thing to happen this week. Unless you count the fact that Zach voluntarily used the toilet twice at the indoor playground we visited Friday. But, I would definitely not mention that because I'm trying to focus on events not containing bodily fluids.

So....I think the warmer weather has definitely given me a case of spring fever. However, this year the seasonal disease has manifested itself in my insatiable urge to clean up and organize the house. In fact, the trash can is literally overflowing due to our home office purge. In addition to throwing out tons of unnecessary papers, unfinished craft projects, floppy disks, and outdated CDs, we also went through a bazillion books and took a huge box to Half Price Books (where we scored a whoppin' 12 bucks!). I also had this weird compulsion to clean all the woodwork in our kitchen, but am still annoyed because I can't quite get it as clean as I think it should be (yet, for some reason it didn't even occur to me that it was in need of cleaning a mere two months ago). Lastly, I felt that a massive reorganization of the storage area in our basement was absolutely necessary and proceeded to do so on Saturday afternoon.

Next up on the list: clean all the blinds, sort through the kids' closets and toys, reorganize the kitchen cupboards. I'm actually fairly certain none of this will get done this week. My motivation sort of comes in spurts and if I feel anything like I do tonight (ummm...completely exhausted) for the remainder of this week, I can guarantee not much organization will get done. Oh well.

Well, I think I have definitely bored you all long enough. Plus, I have a little boy calling "PEE" and I'm thinking I should follow him into the bathroom to make sure it gets in the right place.

3 comments:

作弊 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
lsalsa said...

Must be something in the air, I actually have an Organization Notebook, that I have put together that lists everything that needs to get done. Granted, I've only done a couple things, but it's nice to be able to cross them off the list when it happens! :)

Susan said...

Just wanted to give you a shout out and let you know that I really enjoy reading your blog. Even the ordinary, every day events are interesting because you are such a wonderful writer. Your love for your children shines brightly through your words.