Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Out of the Mouth of Babes...

I'm starting to become convinced that God gave kids the ability to express their own thoughts and observations about the world so that when life gets hectic, stressful, mundane, or downright disgusting (yes...I did indeed clean up more poopy underwear today), their parents have something to laugh about. I can think of quite a few times when the only thing that got me through the day without a full mental breakdown was a funny comment or strange question posed by one of my kids. I also cannot tell you how many nights Ben and I have spent laying in bed before falling asleep, recalling all the hilarious conversations we had with the kids throughout the day, and subsequently laughing until our bellies ache and we are doubled over in tears.
~
So, on days that I'm utterly exhausted and am convinced that cleaning up one more poopy pair of underwear will land me in the insane asylum, I'm thankful for all the little things the kids say that make me chuckle.
~
Such as...
~
Allie pondering the intricate details of life by inquiring whether or not Zach had toys to play with when he was a baby inside my belly. I'm glad that she doesn't just take my simple "no" for an answer and proceeds to express concern over the fact that if all he did was lay around in there, he probably got really bored and definitely could have hurt his head...especially if he was upside down all the time.
~
Zach screaming "A-WEE! GET OUTTA MY WOOM!" because I think it is hilarious that he still can't enunciate an "L" and so substitutes all "L's" with the letter "W" instead.
~
Basically, all of Zach's little word slip ups: babana for banana, camanope for cantaloupe, compooder for computer, Poke Office for Post Office.
~
Zach calling me "MOMMY GRACE" when he wants me to listen to him NOW. Apparently, he is convinced that everyone's middle name is Grace (and not just Allie's).
~
When expressing how tired I am, Allie responding, "Well, Mom, why didn't you take a nap? You wouldn't be tired if you had taken a nap."
~
After asking Zach if he had any potty accidents, his response: "Yes, I had an accident on the potty."
~
I'm sure there are more, but those are the moments keeping me going (and laughing) today. Anyone else with funny kid comments that help to keep their sanity?

1 comment:

lsalsa said...

I think some of my favorites are the first time my oldest came out with "oh my dosh", and my youngest who now says "yea" to just about everything, but says in the sweetest way possible.