Friday, April 23, 2010

End of the Week Recap

Whew...what a busy week we've had here! I admit, the busy-ness is all my fault. But, it's hard not to get out and enjoy the wonderful spring time weather now that I don't feel like I want to hurl or sleep all the time. I think the kids are enjoying having their "normal" mom back as well. They sure prefer neighborhood walks, trips to the park, bike rides, and all day marathon trips to the MN Zoo over entertaining themselves while I'm sprawled out on the floor or couch trying my hardest to stay awake.
~
And, although I fully intended to cook dinner tonight, Ben's offer to go out for pizza sounds like a much better end to a busy week rather than my spending time messing up the kitchen I just cleaned this morning in an effort to make us Hawaiian Pork Chops and Rice. So, I'm now officially wasting time while waiting for Ben to arrive home so that we can head out to our local favorite pizza joint.
~
I'm also in the middle of attempting to negotiate a peaceful solution to a toy indiscretion that Allie and Zach are apparently incapable of solving on their own...which has now fully escalated into toy throwing...complete with laughing. So, while there's no apparent screaming or inevitable injuries about to occur, I'll just continue on my merry blogging way.
~
In addition to all of our fun busy-ness this week, we also discovered a ginormous screw in our van tire. So, after dropping Allie off at preschool on Thursday, Zach and I took the van in to get the oil changed and tire repaired only to discover that it also needed a new air filter, serpentine belt, and a front brake job repair. Oh the fun of car repairs. Since Zach and I couldn't spend all day long at the car repair shop, we are taking the van back in tomorrow to finish the repairs.
~
In other news, Allie successfully acquired 2 black eyes this week. The first happened on Tuesday when she tripped over her own two feet at the park and landed flat on her face. Her knee managed to cushion some of the fall, resulting in a pretty nasty scrape on her knee as well as above her eye. The second black eye occurred on Wednesday while she was riding in the stroller at the zoo. I was trying my hardest to steer the dang stroller with over 60 lbs of kid inside, but ended up running into the curb despite my efforts. Allie was sitting forward facing (she was supposed to be sitting backward-facing) and so the impact of the stroller hitting the curb propelled her head forward into Zach's chair where she smacked her eye resulting in the second black eye of the week. Poor girl. She has definitely inherited my complete lack of coordination and accident-prone lifestyle.
~
Thankfully, I've begun to see a little more progress on the poop-in-the-potty front with Zach. Granted, he is still completely defiant about sitting on the potty, but I've been forcing him to sit there after lunch everyday and about 90 percent of the time, after a full-fledged hysterical temper tantrum where he declares for all the world to hear at the top of his lungs that there is no poop in his body, he produces the world's biggest poop ever known to belong to a 2 year old... right there...in the potty. I've also had to start forcing him to pee in the potty too otherwise he pretty much holds it in until it begins to leak out if I don't.
~
So, I've now fully determined that Zach's inability to pee and poop on the potty is definitely not due to a physical incapability, but rather due to the fact that he is 2 and has decided that this is the absolute best way to assert his will against mine. Fantastic. What he doesn't know is that his mommy has a pretty strong will of her own...which I'm still not sure is a good or bad thing.
~
Ok, so now the toy throwing has escalated to a point where I do believe a third party intervention is required. So, I'm goin' in. Thankfully reinforcement in the form of the male head of the household should be arriving any minute now.
~
Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

No comments: