Friday, April 30, 2010

Friday Catch Up

Obviously it goes without saying that I have not been in the blogging mood lately. Granted, I often think of topics I would like to discuss or events that I need to record and share, but it never goes beyond the thought stage and so my poor neglected blog goes for a week without any new posts.
~
Unfortunately, that means that you missed out on Zach's first ever movie theater experience last weekend when we decided to spend a rainy Saturday afternoon viewing Disney's "Oceans" documentary on the big screen, complete with popcorn and slushies, and how he has been talking about it non-stop ever since. I also didn't get to share with you how quiet he remained throughout the entirety of the movie whereas Allie felt the need to discuss every single animal and proclaim her horror over the more unfortunate ones, such as the sea turtles and sea lions, that ended up on the dinner menu for some of the other larger and arguably less cute sea dwellers.
~
You have also not been able to share in my elation over the fact that we have now gone an entire week without one single potty or poop accident! H-A-L-L-E-L-U-J-A-H! There is indeed a light at the end of the excrement placement dilemma! Granted, I have had to take matters into my own hands by implementing specific times that we stop during our day and try to use the potty, which is not without lots of vocal protesting, but more often than not it results in success. I am definitely a happier momma now that I am not scraping poop out of underwear daily.
~
Sadly, due to my blog neglect, you were probably not aware of the fact that I have now finally reached the 2nd trimester! Yay! Not only do I feel more energized, but I also received my first honest inquiry from a complete stranger yesterday regarding when I was due, meaning that I must have officially moved past the "fatty" stage of pregnancy to the "obviously pregnant belly" stage. I also set up our "big" ultrasound appointment where we get to find out if we're having a boy or girl--only one more month away and I already feel like I can't wait...even though I have a fairly strong opinion as to what I think we're having, there's nothing like knowing for sure. Any guesses from anyone else?
~
Well, I think that about does it for today. I have a whole pile of laundry waiting to be folded and as hard as I am trying to rack my brain for something to write about so that I can continue procrastinating the inevitable, I am coming up with nothin'. So, to the laundry pile I go...hopefully I'll feel more inspired to write more soon!

No comments: