Saturday, May 29, 2010

Another Ever So Exciting Weekly Recap

Well, it looks like I've officially abandoned the blog over this past week (again). It's just too hard to motivate myself to write when we are having so much fun doing other things.
~
In addition to enjoying the glorious summer weather, we've loved having Ben home most of the week before he began his new job on Friday. We debated whether to plan a last minute trip out of town with his surprise time off, but decided instead to stick close to home (which was definitely the best choice and required a lot less preparation and a lot more sleeping in...well, at least until the kids woke us up at approximately 6:22 a.m. every morning despite our advisement that they should try and see how much fun sleeping in really is).
~
Monday we spent the majority of our day shopping for a new work wardrobe for Ben. Thankfully, we did not have to take the kids along (although Allie thoroughly enjoys shopping of all kinds, Zach is a little less enthusiastic about any store and especially those stores that contain adult clothing). My mom kept the kids for the day and did an awesome job tiring them out completely by taking them swimming at their neighborhood pool in the 90-degree weather for over 4 hours. So, although we had to deal with a little crabby-ness upon our return, they did sleep the whole way home from my parents' house and went to bed early with no complaints! Plus, we were able to score some pretty good deals for Ben and he is now completely set in the business-casual summer work wardrobe department.
~
Tuesday, while Allie was at preschool and Ben was attending a business lunch for his new employer, Zach and I stayed home and tackled the mound of laundry that was beginning to overtake our basement laundry area. After a much needed nap time in the early afternoon and upon Ben's return home, the kids had their first ever experience with the backyard slip 'n slide. Thankfully, they had a very enthusiastic teacher who was more than willing to model correct sliding technique (and, no, that teacher would not be the 18 week preggo).
~
Wednesday we spent the majority of the day at the beach. Since it was going to be another 80 degree day and most of the outdoor pools were not yet open, I was thankful to recall going to a a small lake with my mom and the kids last summer that had a great, clean swimming beach complete with sand and shade umbrellas. We packed a picnic lunch and enjoyed the quiet (not many people were there at all) beach before heading over to visit my parents (and, well, sort of crashing there for dinner as well). Since we arrived a bit early for dinner, my mom and I took the opportunity to go and get ourselves pedicures. We took Allie along for her first ever spa experience and she loved it! Although she talked non-stop the entire time we were there, she was perfectly still for her nail and toe nail painting and left with purple sparkly hands and feet complete with hand painted flowers on her big toes.
~
Let's see (I know I'm thrilling you to no end with my day-by-day recap of our ever-so-exciting week), Thursday was spent celebrating Allie's last day of preschool. And, since we actually took pictures at her little ceremony, I think I'll save that recap for another post.
~
Friday marked the end of our little mini-vacation as Ben headed back to work. It was kind of odd to experience a Friday that felt like a Monday, but the kids and I managed to get a lot accomplished in the way of restocking the fridge and cupboards at the grocery store. I was even able to clean the majority of the house while the kids took an over-two-hour nap in the afternoon (obviously, Ben and I weren't the only ones tired out by the week's events) and still had time left over to watch the last half of the Dr. Oz show where I learned that popping a black head close to your nasal region can result in imminent death if some of the bacteria from said black head enters into your blood stream and travels straight to your brain. I guess I'll think twice the next time I spot one of those annoying buggers on my face....
~
Anyway, it is now Saturday and after debating whether or not we should think of somewhere exciting to go with something cool to do (again, it is going to be hovering around the upper 80's today....which is pretty steamy for us Minnesotans...especially in May), we decided upon a day at home in the backyard. And, since I actually have taken pictures today of the kids, I'll save that exciting recap for another post as well.
~
Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend!

1 comment:

勳谷 said...

Never put off till tomorrow what may be done today...................................................