Saturday, June 19, 2010

Father's Day

Well, tomorrow is Father's Day and I must shamefully admit that I haven't really planned anything special for this year. Usually I'm all about holidays and birthdays and big celebrations and I love planning all the little details, but pregnancy seems to sap all enthusiasm for such planning out of me. Thankfully, my mom swooped in to save the day and we will be spending tomorrow at my parents' house with smoked meat and potatoes...every father's wish come true.
~
And, lest you think I'm a terrible wife, I actually mentioned to Ben that I was planning on making him some homemade chocolate chip cookies tonight (his favorite) because I hadn't really put together anything else for Father's Day. However, upon realization that I have no chocolate chips in the house and the fact that I feel totally and completely wiped out, the task was beginning to seem a bit overwhelming to me (silly, I know, it's like 1 batch of chocolate chip cookies that I'm stressing over...again, thank you pregnancy).
~
So, anyway, Ben's response marks reason number 3,498 why I think my husband is the best husband in the world and why I am head over heals in love with him more and more every day: "Umm...let's just buy some cookies from the bakery...that's easier anyway...and then I don't have to help you wash and dry all the cookie sheets."
~
I can completely handle a trip to the bakery and a few celebratory chocolate chip cookies.
~
I don't know how I got so lucky to have the world's two best dads in my life, but I'm thankful: Happy Father's Day Dad and Ben--I love you!

No comments: