Thursday, July 8, 2010

Vacation Pictures, Part 3

(I did warn you of way too many vacation pictures, didn't I? Only one more post of vacay pics after this one-I promise!)
~
One of our absolute favorite things to do on vacation is spend time on my dad's boat. While the big boys, namely Ben and Uncle Chris, participate in the death-defying water sport of wake boarding...

(Yep, that's Ben wake boarding behind the boat...I can honestly attest to the fact that my brother would never EVER be caught dead in a pair of bright orange swim trunks.)

...the kids (and myself, of course when I'm not preggo) prefer the tamer activity of water tubing. Allie remembered tubing from last year and was thrilled to partake in it again this summer.
This was Zach's first ever experience tubing and I'm not sure he was as thrilled about it as Allie. Whereas he is always begging Grandpa to take the boat "faster!" when he is merely a passenger, as a tuber he was a little more hesitant about going fast, especially when "high bumpies" were involved.

When not in the water behind the boat, the kids took turns sitting on everyone's laps while the boat glided across the water. For some reason, Grandma's lap always seemed to be the most coveted spot.

Grandpa even gave both kids their very first opportunity to drive the boat in middle of the actual lake (as opposed to the opportunity usually being given when the boat is securely fastened to the dock).

My sister and brother-in-law were able to join us for the first day of vacation and we were even able to go for a short boat ride before the cloud, rain, gloom, and cool weather moved in.

We all love our time on the boat!

No comments: