This next family shot is by our favorite vacation restaurant: The Thirsty Whale.
The big grey thing the kids are sitting on is actually a little whale statue and we try to take a family picture here every year. So why is the Thirsty Whale our favorite dining location? First, they make the best french fries I have ever tasted. Second, they have deep fried bread sticks. Need I say more?
Another favorite pastime while on vacation is visiting the local beaches. When it was too cold to go swimming, the kids still had fun picking flowers and finding snail shells along the lake:
- Turtle Fudge from the local candy shop
- Several walks into town on the scenic bike trail
- Watching the kids run around like crazy people on the playground
- Caramel Corn from the popcorn shop in town
- Playing Settlers with Ben and Chris
- Playing Hearts and Eucher with my dad, Ben, and Chris (I won Hearts by a landslide and Chris and I were victorious at Eucher!)
- Experiencing no problems at all with the kids sleeping while sharing a room
- Zach having a completely accident free week (unfortunately that streak has not continued upon our return home)
- Having Ben and Chris accompany me to the local movie theater to see the new Twilight movie at 9:45 pm (I actually cannot even remember the last time I stayed out that late-haha!)