Thursday, July 8, 2010

Vacation Pictures, Part 4

Well, I'm finally nearing the end of all of our vacation pictures...or at least all the ones that turned out. First, a couple random family shots for you: On one of the days we visited a neighboring tourist town with lots of shops and happened upon this ginormous wooden rocking chair (and it actually rocked!). I'm still not quite sure the purpose of such a large chair, but we all climbed up into it and tried to get a nice family photo. Unfortunately the kids weren't feeling too photogenic that day. It probably would have been a better idea to try the picture after our HUGE ice cream cones while still on a sugar high.
~
This next family shot is by our favorite vacation restaurant: The Thirsty Whale.


The big grey thing the kids are sitting on is actually a little whale statue and we try to take a family picture here every year. So why is the Thirsty Whale our favorite dining location? First, they make the best french fries I have ever tasted. Second, they have deep fried bread sticks. Need I say more?

Another favorite pastime while on vacation is visiting the local beaches. When it was too cold to go swimming, the kids still had fun picking flowers and finding snail shells along the lake:

However, both kids were overjoyed when it did finally warm up enough to play in the sand and water. Although they never quite adventured underneath the water, they both had fun wading, splashing, and playing in the sand.


And that brings us to the end of vacation. We had so much fun that we are already counting down the days until next year!
~
Although I'm not quite sure I'd call our time relaxing (let's be honest here, since when is taking a vacation with a 2 year old and 4 year old relaxing?!), but it was fun and refreshing to have a whole week together as a family. For me, the time away was much needed as I had been feeling quite worn out and just a little down (maybe pregnancy hormones?) before we left. A week in Minoqua was just what I needed to lift my spirits and although I definitely felt physically tired upon our return home, I was definitely mentally refreshed.
~
Other highlights of our week away that did not make the pictorial review include:
  1. Turtle Fudge from the local candy shop
  2. Several walks into town on the scenic bike trail
  3. Watching the kids run around like crazy people on the playground
  4. Caramel Corn from the popcorn shop in town
  5. Playing Settlers with Ben and Chris
  6. Playing Hearts and Eucher with my dad, Ben, and Chris (I won Hearts by a landslide and Chris and I were victorious at Eucher!)
  7. Experiencing no problems at all with the kids sleeping while sharing a room
  8. Zach having a completely accident free week (unfortunately that streak has not continued upon our return home)
  9. Having Ben and Chris accompany me to the local movie theater to see the new Twilight movie at 9:45 pm (I actually cannot even remember the last time I stayed out that late-haha!)

No comments: