Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Update on Life

We've now been at the indoor air conditioned play park for two hours and the kids are showing no sign of wanting to leave...which is a good thing because while our van is in the shop, we are unofficially stranded here without a vehicle until Ben picks us up after his work meeting. We just enjoyed a nutritious snack of popcorn, Skittles, and M&M's which seems to have energized my already energetic children even more. I'm thinking if this heat lasts, we will more than likely be back later on this week. I have contemplated a trip to the pool, but my only fear is that not even the lukewarm pool water will be able to keep the heat, sweating, and swelling at bay. So, while the heat index is in the 100's, I think we will be spending most of our time in air conditioned buildings.
~
So, since it has been a while since I last blogged, I'll try to do a quick run-down on the happenings at our house.
~
Let's see....
~
This is week two of Allie's second and last session of swim lessons for the summer. This time she only has two other girls in her class and seems to be relishing the extra attention the teacher can give her because of the smaller class size. Today she even floated on her stomach for 20 seconds with her face in the water....a feat I once thought impossible due to the fact that she literally cannot go without speaking for 20 seconds, let alone hold her breath and float in water for that amount of time. She has also been learning how to combine her feet and arms together to actually swim, which is definitely a sight to behold.
~
My well-intentioned husband has fully convinced Zach that he must "pee like a man." So, as a result, Zach has no desire to sit on the potty anymore, insists on standing, and I now have to clean the bathroom on a bi-hourly basis. I don't understand how Zach seems fully capable of aiming for Ben, but when I'm at home with him, he apparently has no problem letting it go where it will. Ugh. I will never understand the fascination with standing and peeing, but apparently to Zach it is one of the highlights of his day.
~
I am well on my way to having our newest little girl's room ready. The girly pictures are hung, the name letters are painted and arranged on the wall, and all the teeny clothes are clean and folded in the drawers and closets. I'm so thankful to my friend from college (who also has two little girls of her own...and a little boy) who has loaned me a TON of girl baby clothes. We absolutely do not need anything else to clothe this newest member of our family. In fact, I will be surprised if she even wears anything twice!
~
And, now the waiting begins...3 more months....12 more weeks. Yikes. When I put it that way, it still seems kind of far away. And, honestly, the heat doesn't help at all because it just makes me want Fall to be here sooner. I'm hoping the time will go by quickly...at least the 90-degree days!
~
The only good thing about the heat is that it makes me much less hungry and then I don't eat as much, meaning I don't gain as much. Yes, I'm still having a bit of an issue with the whole pregnancy weight-gain, mostly because I was anticipating gaining a certain amount of weight, but my body seems to have a much different idea of how much it needs to weigh (despite daily exercise and a concerted effort to watch what goes into my mouth). So...oh well. What can I do? I guess it means the reprisal of Weight Loss Wednesday very soon after this little one's arrival.
~
I think that about covers it for now. Despite my lack of reporting our life events, as you can see, not much has happened! We are enjoying our "lazy days" of summer with a passion. And, now I must figure out why my daughter is squealing at the top of her lungs and why Zach is apparently stuck in a big plastic tube.

No comments: