Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Fall, State Fair Follow-Up, and Nesting

It is hard to believe that only one week ago we were soaking up some of the last rays of summer at the outdoor pool while today we are playing in the backyard with our jeans and sweatshirts on while the kids point out the few brown and golden leaves that are already making their appearance on our lawn. I'm definitely NOT complaining, bearing in mind that my 32 week pregnant body oh-so-prefers the milder temps, I just think it is weird how quickly the weather can change at this time of year.
~
Not only does it force me to be much more aware of the weather forecast (so that my kids aren't dressed in tank tops and shorts when it is 60 degrees outside...or bundled up in sweaters when it is 80 degrees), but it seems to provide some additional morning confusion for the kids as well. Especially the almost-3-year-old one who really doesn't remember the last time he had to cover his bare legs and arms with clothing and subsequently finds it completely uncomfortable.
~
Anyway, I'm sure we still have some more warm summer-like days to come this month, but for now I am enjoying the crisp air that reminds me Fall is just around the corner. In fact, I even had Allie help me set out the Fall decorations today (yes, I do realize it is a tad bit early, but I was feelin' the Fall vibe today in addition to having the motivation needed to locate the Fall decor box and lug it up the basement steps). She was more than willing to help me find adequate locations for the few pumpkins, fall candles, and leaf garlands I seem to have accumulated over the years. To complete the experience, we did partake in eating some candy corn...of which Zach was not privy to...seeing as he spent the entire decor-arranging time playing with Thomas and his train set with not even an ounce of interest in what the women-folk were up to in the living room.
~
I also think it is safe to say that I've fully recovered from the State Fair. I know I didn't mention it in my previous post, but the day after the Fair, I woke up with incredibly sore hips and aching knees which I'm sure can be attributed to waltzing around the Fair all day in my favorite pair of sneakers that, upon further inspection, are pretty much worn out.
~
In other news, I've become a manic list maker. I am, by nature, a list-maker, but lately it has ramped up to a whole new level. I even have a list for things that I need to make lists for. Yep. It is that bad. Apparently, I have little to no motivation to get anything done on those lists, but it makes me feel better to know that I don't have to think about getting it done (or keep remembering it, so I don't forget to get it done) because it is in ink on a piece of paper somewhere. I keep waiting for my "nesting" instincts to kick in, but have come to the realization that I must be a mid-pregnancy nester. I always seem to get the most accomplished between 22-28 weeks of pregnancy and spend the last 10-12 weeks completely prepared, but also completely exhausted. Which isn't so bad...because I really have nothing left to be too stressed over.
~
So, I think that is all for today...I'm fairly certain I have bored you all long enough with my rambling. Plus, I think it is about time for some more candy corn...

No comments: