Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Quick Update

We've definitely been busy getting back into our Fall schedule, leaving little time or motivation left for my blogging. Thankfully, this week we're enjoying some beautiful Fall weather (as opposed to the chilly gloom and rain that plagued us last week), so as the kids are running around the backyard, I thought I'd do my best to provide a quick update.
~
This past weekend my sister and brother-in-law were visiting from Wisconsin. We don't get to see them often, so it was definitely nice to spend Saturday catching up in person. It was my sister's birthday last week, so the girls went out shopping for her birthday present while the boys held down the fort at our home. The kids were way excited to have some time with Aunt Stephanie and Uncle Chris B and I think it is fair to say that Allie and Zach did their best to wear them out.
~
The kids began Sunday School at church this week, which Allie has been especially looking forward to for well over a month. I'm always amazed at what both kids are able to retain after a short Sunday morning class and this week was no exception. I do, however, need to come up with a more consistent way and time to work on Allie and Zach's memory verses. Allie has weekly verses and Zach has monthly verses and I know if I was more diligent about that consistent daily time, the kids would have no problem learning them. Although I always love the Fall and getting back into routine, I always find that it can be difficult to fit everything in. I'm sure it doesn't get much better the older the kids get either....
~
And, since I am almost toward the end of this pregnancy (so therefore, it also appears that my calendar pretty much comes to a screeching halt with the label of "Olivia's Due Date"), I've also come to realize that there are other things I've sort of dropped the ball on. Like....totally forgetting to fill out every single required form for Allie's preschool....not staying on top of my meal planning so that it seems at least a few times a week at about 4 p.m. I'm frantically trying to rustle together enough ingredients to produce a semblance of a dinner....dusting (let's just say there are certain areas that are going to have to stay dust covered until I can either convince one of the kids to maneuver their way in with a swiffer or until Olivia has vacated the premises...Ben is a great helper around the house, but he draws the line at dusting, which is totally ok with me because I draw my line at snow blowing and it seems a pretty fair trade), and the biggie...researching kindergarten options for Allie. Yep. Apparently, even though Allie does not start kindergarten for another year, it seems it is time for me to be looking into our options and I can barely wrap my mind around that fact. Not to mention, that also means I need to make sure Zach is enrolled in preschool for next year. Crazy.
~
So, enough focus on all the things I haven't gotten to....definitely too depressing for such a beautiful day.
~
Pregnancy-wise, things are going great. I mean, I'm not feeling too great, but that's pretty much to be expected at this point. I am, however, surprised at the amount of contractions I've been experiencing (which basically have proven to be more annoying than anything...disrupting sleep and sometimes painful, but nothing to be overly concerned about). According to my 2nd due date, determined after Olivia measured small at my 20-week ultrasound, I am 34 weeks along (due 11/6), but I just do not remember having such strong and long periods of contractions until closer to 36-38 weeks with Zach (with Allie, I didn't even know what a contraction was until I went into actual labor). So, it has me questioning (and hoping) that the first due date of 10/26 may be more accurate than originally thought. Oh well...despite my thoughts, just my luck, Olivia won't make her appearance until mid-November. :)
~
Well, seeing as it is nearing 4:00 pm, I better wrap things up. Thankfully, I actually did plan dinner for tonight, so no panic there! Tomorrow, though....well, that's an entirely different story.

No comments: