Monday, October 11, 2010

Nesting?!

We've had one very busy past week, leaving me pretty exhausted in the evenings with not much interest in blogging. The funny thing is that the initial cause of our busy-ness was nothing more than my instantaneous, sudden need to fill our freezer with pre-made meals for after Olivia arrives. Seriously, I went to bed last Tuesday night and woke up for my first potty break panicking about the fact that we had no freezer meals. So, after a little freezer meal recipe research and a marathon trip to the grocery store, I literally spent two whole days last week in the kitchen making a total of eight meals for our freezer. I double-cooked a lot of the recipes, so for the past three days I have spent NO time cooking at all...which was definitely a well-deserved and needed break.
~
The crazy-ness continued this weekend as I enlisted everyone's help to majorly clean the house--inside and out. We also finally took Olivia's new car seat out of the box and made sure we knew how to set it up. I also proceeded to wash all the covers for the bouncy seat, swing, and car seat bundle-me. Then, I felt compelled to ensure that my bags were completely packed and proceeded to make a list of last minute items that would need to be grabbed on our way out (ie-camera, laptop, extra clothes--because I honestly don't have enough clothes to keep an extra set in a suit case and not in my wardrobe rotation). Now, I've been worried that maybe I should start packing the kids' bags for grandma's too...but, have so far held off on doing that.
~
Oh, and by the way, our family mini-van decided to bite the dust this past week, leaving us down to one vehicle. Thankfully, although the transmission was beginning to go, we caught it soon enough that the cost of repair was far less than originally anticipated and there wasn't any "terminal damage" (as the mechanic put it) done. Thankfully, we are bringing our fully repaired van home tonight and I believe it may only be a matter of time before Olivia's car seat is officially installed.
~
So, the above account of our week's activities begs the question: Nesting or Insanity? Is Olivia really coming sooner than expected or am I just that much of a type-A planner/panicker that I feel compelled to get everything ready far sooner than the typical person?
~
I was leaning more toward the latter until my OB appointment today where I discovered that all of the annoying contractions I've been experiencing over the last 2.5-3 weeks have actually resulted in some real progress and that my constant need to pee every five seconds is due to the fact that Olivia's head has officially dropped into position.
~
I'm sure there is still a fair amount of insanity that comes into play with my recent preparations, but I'm sincerely hoping that maybe, just maybe, Olivia will be coming sooner rather than later. However, with my past pregnancy history (Allie: born 5 days late, Zach: born smack dab on his due date) and luck, I could very well be pregnant for another month. However, for now, I'm choosing not to think about that possibility.

No comments: