Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Trick Or Treat

Although Ben and I spent Halloween night at home unpacking our hospital bags, handing out candy, and cuddling with our new baby girl, Allie and Zach (aka Jesse and Buzz) spent the evening trick or treating with Grandma and Grandpa. I was a little bummed to have to miss out on the Halloween festivities this year, especially since this was the first year that Zach was truly excited about dressing up and trick or treating. However, I am thankful that my parents took on the trick or treat challenge and also took lots of pictures so we didn't feel too left out.
Since we live in Minnesota, it is always important to choose costumes that can be effectively layered with warm clothing underneath. Thankfully, this year the weather was mild, so a jacket underneath their costumes seemed to suffice. And, here are the trick or treaters in action:

When all was said and done, both kids came back to Grandma and Grandpa's with a heaping bucket full of candy. I was informed that Zach ate twice as much candy as Allie and had to be eventually cut off. My dad said that he was actually shoving Starburst into his mouth without even taking the wrappers off.
Allie, on the other hand, ate a moderate amount and spent the rest of the night sorting and arranging her loot.

All I have to say is that I'm sure glad I wasn't the one that had to try to get those two sugar-pumped kids to bed that evening!

Since Halloween, Zach has been especially enamored by his costume, asking for us to put it on him at least 2-3 times per day. In the picture below, he is actually using his laser:

And, yes, he still wants to be a super hero who can fly when he grows up!
Thanks Mom and Dad for making Halloween so fun and special for the kids!

2 comments:

momyoung said...

You have such a nice family and I enoy reading your blog . Aunt Darla

Jen D said...

Thanks Darla! I'm glad you like it!