Thursday, December 2, 2010

Allie is FIVE!

I'm still not quite sure how my first baby girl grew up so fast...It seems like just yesterday I was navigating the world of "brand new mom" with my little Allie-baby...trying to figure out her little personality, aiming to meet her every need, admiring how perfectly cute she was, and wishing there was something I could do so that she wouldn't cry--all. the. time.
~
Somehow 5 years have gone by since then and she's now my big Allie-babe. And although she has grown from that teensy (yet chubby) baby into a fun and vibrant little girl, some things (I'm sure) will always stay the same...like how even 5 years later I'm still trying to figure out her personality, how I still aim to meet her needs while also teaching her to meet some of her own, how I'm constantly in awe of how perfectly cute she still is, and how I'm still wishing there was something I could do to get her to use her ears a little bit more than her mouth.
~
It has definitely been fun to watch Allie grow and learn. We are excited for what the next 5 years have in store for her (except, I really don't want to think about that now...because that means she will be TEN...double digits! Ack!).
~
Allie, just like her mommy, LOVES birthdays. She has been not-so-patiently waiting for hers since the beginning of this summer. And in July, when she decided on a Tinkerbell party theme, I knew there would be no turning back.

Allie even created her own fairy banner this year to decorate for her birthday:
In fact, Allie was so excited for her birthday that she was up well before 6 am last Wednesday. So, I made her pose for some birthday pictures before it was even light outside!
Afterwards, she helped Ben pick up her birthday cake and the pies for Thanksgiving before coming home to open her presents. Thankfully, Grandma and Grandpa were already at our house upon her return so that the present opening could begin immediately.


Allie LOVES to create...anything and everything. So, for her birthday she got her very first set of legos (girl-style), tons of stamps and card making supplies, and a whole lot of art supplies too. She was thrilled! She also received a very special bracelet from her Great-Grandma, some books, and also a baby doll.
After opening presents we went out for a pizza lunch where Allie made sure to remind the waitress that it was her birthday. As a special treat, the waitress brought her a gigantic strawberry sundae! We then spent the afternoon at the movie theater where we watched the new Disney princess movie, "Tangled." I wasn't sure what to expect out of the movie, but I thought it was great. Olivia even went along with us (although, she spent the majority of the time sleeping...so she really didn't get a lot out of the whole movie theater experience).
~
Tinkerbell cake awaited us after we navigated the snowy roads home from the movie theater.
There was someone else besides Allie that was VERY excited for the cake part of the birthday:




The cake looked so good that Allie didn't even wait for a fork to eat it!

She did eventually get a fork:
The rest of the day was spent playing with all of her toys (while mommy got ready for Thanksgiving the next day).

It was definitely a fun day of celebrating our little girl...who is obviously not so little anymore! We love you Allie and look forward to celebrating many more birthdays with you!

1 comment:

ella reynolds said...

I can't believe how beautiful Allie is! Your whole family is growing so fast! thanks for all of the updates!