Friday, December 31, 2010

Christmas Catch-Up Part 3

We spent Christmas Day celebrating with my family at my parents' house.  After brunch, we enjoyed opening presents and spent the day talking, laughing, and of course playing with all the kids' toys before enjoying a fabulous Christmas dinner together. 
~
Here are our attempts at a family Christmas picture:
 It was good to see Uncle Chris...who has been busy with work and school this past Fall. 
Can you tell the kids were excited about Christmas?
Olivia was passed around and held by all.


Allie and Grandpa:
The kids were also excited to see Aunt Stephanie and Uncle Chris B. who were in town visiting for a few days:

See?

A rare moment where Zach is sitting still:
 Another more rare moment...a picture of Ben and I without the kids:
The kids waiting patiently to open presents:

 The one good thing that comes from a poop explosion on Christmas Eve is that Mom can wash your Christmas outfit and you can wear it again on Christmas Day.
 And, here are the girls sportin' their matching flower headbands from Aunt Stephanie.


It was great to celebrate the day with family! 
~
The next day was spent picking up our own house from the festivities...and attempting to find places for all those new presents. 
~
Monday saw us going out for pizza before shipping the kids back over to Grandma and Grandpa's overnight while Ben, Olivia, and I enjoyed running some errands and veggin' in front of the TV.
~
Then, on Tuesday, my sister and I ran some more errands and did some shopping while my parents, Ben, and Chris B. hung out with the kids. 
~
Wednesday, I realized that my almost 2-month old baby was pretty much busting the seams of her 0-3 month wardrobe, so I spent most of the day washing and replacing her clothes with the next size up.  Ben took advantage of the warmer-than-average weather and went sledding with the kids at the school near our house that just so happens to have the perfect size sledding hill.  Both kids had a blast!  They also attempted to play in the snow in our backyard, but Zach especially found walking through snow that came up to his chest a wee bit difficult.  So, he opted instead to come inside for some hot chocolate
~
Thursday, it rained.  Yes, it actually rained.  And, our once nice, white snow is now hard, black snow.  We spent most of the day taking down all of our Christmas decorations...which is always a bit sad.  I wasn't really in the mood to take down and pack away anything, so I must remember that next year when I pull everything out to decorate for Christmas and become irritated by how disorganized and poorly packed it all is.
~
Thursday also marked Olivia's 2-month birthday!  I can hardly believe 2 months have gone by since she was born.  She goes into the doctor this next week for her 2 month check, so I'll wait until then to provide the more official stats. 
~
Today we got up early (yes...we actually had to set the alarms because the excitement of the week has resulted in our kids sleeping past 7:30 am every day this week!) and went to a local indoor park where the kids had lots of fun running around to their heart's desire.  We went out for a special New Year's Eve lunch at the nearby Cheesecake Factory and also had fun walking around the attached mall.  We got home just as the freezing rain began pelting our pavement.
~
And, now, I'm officially caught up!  Yay! 
~
My New Years' Resolution?  No more boring catch up blog posts where I ramble on and on about our daily activities...eh...we'll see how long I can make that last!  
~
Happy 2011! 

No comments: