Friday, December 3, 2010

Thanksgiving Recap

Well, better late then never, right? I just can't believe how busy things have gotten since last week! In fact, it feels like Thanksgiving was a lot longer than a mere 8 days ago.
~
Anyway, we had Thanksgiving at our house this year...which was nice with Olivia being so little. Before Ben's parents and sister came over on Thursday, we took the opportunity to take a few pictures of the kids and then cuddled up on the couch to watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.



Believe it or not, this was my first year to attempt cooking a turkey. I was actually quite intimidated by the 18 pound beast I picked up at the grocery store, but after consulting with my mom (who is an excellent cook and has made more Thanksgiving turkeys than I can count), I felt my cooking confidence return. After a mere 3.5 hours in the Nesco, the turkey looked as delicious as it tasted.

Since this was my first time cooking a turkey, I only thought it fair to give Ben a Thanksgiving first as well: carving the turkey!

After a relaxing Thanksgiving Day, we spent Friday decking our halls for Christmas. The kids were so excited to put up the tree and hang the ornaments, but because we had a lot of burnt out lights, the set-up took a little longer than normal. So....we took a hot chocolate break while listening to Christmas carols as Daddy located and repaired the lights for the tree.


And, this is how Miss Olivia spent the majority of the Christmas decorating:
Saturday we felt the need to get out of the house, so we ran a few errands, went out to lunch, and ended up at the mall where we let the kids visit Santa. Although Allie thought the whole experience was really fun, Zach had little to no desire to take part in it. While Allie talked Santa's ear off, Zach refused to even go near him! Since our kids know that Santa is not real and is just a fun character we see around Christmastime, I was a little concerned they would blab to the other kids in line. Thankfully, they did not...so the potentially awkward situation was avoided.
~
And, then somehow it was Sunday and our long holiday weekend was nearing its end. So, we spent the day doing exciting tasks such as laundry and cleaning the bathroom. Yay.
~
Well, I believe that about covers it for the official recap. I've definitely had a lot I've wanted to write about lately, but between a husband, three kids, cooking, cleaning, laundry, and the holiday season, I either have no opportunity for writing or when one presents itself, I'm so tired that I opt instead for sleep!
~
But, all is definitely good. I'm finding that I'm enjoying Olivia's baby days much more than Allie and Zach's. She is such an easy baby (and I've never had one of those before!) and although she has her fussy moments or nights when she's up a little more than normal (her normal is getting up to eat every 4-6 hours or so), for the majority of the time she is pretty much the perfect baby. Either that, or I've just gotten a lot better at this mommy-of-a-newborn thing (ha! Just kidding).
~
So, hopefully I'll be able to write more soon...especially about my new efforts with weight loss (yes! I've already started...full force...and have lots and LOTS on my mind to write about).
~
And, now, my babe needs to eat.

No comments: