Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Weight Loss Wednesday...

...is hereby being skipped this week due to the fact that I do not think I can emotionally handle stepping on the scale and seeing a weight increase (which I'm fairly certain would be the case due to the snow day Christmas cookie baking extravaganza).  I also have not done anything in an effort to reach my two goals from last week (drinking more water and daily exercise) which I'm also fairly depressed about. 
~
Anyway, I know my biggest obstacle right now is my negativity.  I'm feeling easily discouraged, overwhelmed, and generally unhappy with my current weight...so what do you suppose I do to cope with those negative feelings?  I eat.  Lots of chocolate and sugar.  And then I feel more depressed.  So, I eat more chocolate and sugar, and although I have an instant sense of gratification and happiness, it doesn't last and I wake up the next morning realizing that I still don't feel any better.  Basically, if left unchecked, this nasty, completely unproductive and unhealthy coping mechanism spirals indefinitely out of control if I allow it. 
~
So, now that I've indulged in my own personal pity party for the past week, I'm officially putting an end to it by choosing to focus on the positives and celebrate my accomplishments (no matter how small they may be). 
~
For example, today I actually found the time to exercise and I really enjoyed it!  My new plan is to try and get in the "30 Day Shred" workout video at least 3 times a week.  So, as of today I have 1 day down and 2 left to go...score!
~
And, I drank a HUGE glass of water after I finished working out-yay!
~
I also found time today to eat breakfast (and it didn't contain any Christmas cookies!). 
~
I know, from experience, that weight-loss takes time.  Apparently, I'm also relearning my need for some patience and perseverance.  I'll be back next week with the official numbers...and a much more positive outlook. 

No comments: