Thursday, January 13, 2011

In the Waiting Room

This morning after dropping Allie off at preschool, Zach and I had quite the engaging conversation while waiting to get his haircut. 

Zach:  Mommy, who watched over us when you were a baby?
Me:  Honey, you weren't born yet.
Zach:  You mean I wasn't in your tummy when you were a baby?
Me:  Nope.
Zach:  But you were in Grandma's tummy.
Me:  Yep, that's right.
Zach:  And Olivia used to be in your tummy.
Me:  Yep.
Zach:  And Allie and me were in your tummy too!
Me:  You're right.
Zach:  But, how did we get in your tummy?
Me:  Well, God put you there.
Zach:  But...but...how did God get me in there?
(Seriously?!  Why can't my kids just accept the easy answer?!  By now, the other lady in the waiting room is stifling laughter.)
Me:  Well, God waited until just the right time and put you in Mommy's tummy when you were very small.
Zach:  But...but...how...did he use magic or somefin?
(ok...now I'm laughing too)
Me:  Something like that.
Zach:  Can we read a book when we get home?
(Thank goodness for short attention spans!)

No comments: