Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Out of the Mouth of a 3-Year Old

It seems that 3-year olds are never at a shortage for coming up with hilarious things to say.  Looking back at past blog posts, I've found that some of the funniest things Allie has ever said were in her third year as well.
Zach, our current 3-year old, is definitely not disappointing us in this arena.
~
Just this morning, while returning from taking Allie to preschool, I told Zach that we would have to remember to tell Daddy that one of the van tires was low on air so that Daddy could fill it up.  Zach's response?  "I can blow it up for ya!"  When I asked him if he thought his lips would get cold from blowing the air outside he told me that he would only blow out hot air.  Ha!
~
At the doctor's office a few weeks ago Zach politely asked our doctor why he kept marshmallows on the shelf.  When the doctor informed him that the marshmallows were instead cotton balls (an explanation that Zach did not believe at all because those cotton balls DEFINITELY looked like jumbo marshmallows to him), Zach asked our doctor if he kept them because he needed a snack and wanted to know if he could share. 
~
Last week, on a rare morning that I was able to sleep in (meaning, I was actually just lying awake in bed, but couldn't quite bring myself to roll out of it just yet), I overheard Zach inform Ben that they needed to wake me up because "it is gloomy outside and Mommy always makes the sun shine!"  He went on to tell me later in the day that he thought I was probably even cuter than Olivia when I was a baby.  And, he's taken to calling me his "favorite girl" and his "sweetie potato pie."  That boy.  He is definitely already learning how to sweet talk a lady :) 
~
It also seems that he is learning the fine art of the fib.  Yesterday when Zach was playing with Olivia on the floor of her room while I was putting away some laundry, I heard a clunk and then looked over to see Olivia beginning to cry next to a wide-eyed Zach holding a plastic ball.  When I asked what happened, Zach responded much too quickly, "Nuffin'..O-wivia is just cwying because she is hungwy."  Sure.  So when I asked him if there was any way that maybe that ball could have rolled out of his hand and hit her head, he said that he thought that was actually probably what did happen.  I guess moms can be pretty smart, huh?
~
Anyway, I'm sure there are several more Zach sayings I've missed.  It seems there are a ton each day that keep us all laughing (which is definitely a good thing when the same boy refuses to poop on the potty or put on his shoes)!

No comments: