Thursday, February 17, 2011

Weekly Catch-Up

The computer has been collecting an awful lot of dust on the shelf this week.  Not only have I been more content to read e-books with my Kindle than think of something clever to blog, but...are you ready for it...we have had temperatures in the 40's and 50's complete with SUN!  WAHOOO!  An almost week-long glimpse of spring in the middle of a typical Minnesotan, bleak winter is definitely something to be celebrated and enjoyed.

On Tuesday, I tackled my first outdoor run of the season.  I still need to find a running/mileage app. for my phone, so I'm not sure how far I ran, but it was definitely farther than anything I've done outside before.  Unfortunately, it was really windy in spots and running into the wind was challenging, but it felt so good to be outside...in FEBRUARY! 

On Wednesday the weather was even nicer, so the kids and I went on a long walk around our neighborhood.  Actually, the kids ran most of the time while I pushed Olivia in the stroller.  Olivia only stayed awake for about 15 minutes, but I'm sure she enjoyed her first EVER extended period of being outside.  The kids were a little disappointed to not be able to play on the toys at the park, but we didn't have our snow boots on and there was still quite a pile of the white stuff surrounding the playground.  However, both Allie and Zach can't stop talking about the thrill of being outside without freezing to death!

In other news, our shower broke this week.  We've been talking about possibly remodeling our bathroom since we moved into our house 5 years ago, but the shower breaking has given us the impetus we needed to actually seek out some estimates.  Although we could just fix the shower, it isn't merely a simple fix and would require some ripping apart anyway.  While normally Ben would love to tackle this type of job on his own, with his own full-time job and 3 kids (and a wife-ha!), he just doesn't have the time.  Plus, with it being our only bathroom, whatever work is done needs to be completed in a timely fashion...because we can't really go for an entire month without a toilet or shower.  So, we have some big decisions to make in the next few days regarding the future of our bathroom.

I can't believe I haven't had time to do a Weight Loss Wednesday Post the past two weeks.  It would actually not include a list of complaints because my hard work is slowly beginning to pay off.  I'm not losing a ton of weight, but I am LOSING!  Yay!  I think the running is really helping.  I'm up to doing about 3 miles a day and it takes me anywhere from 28-35 minutes depending on how competitive I'm being with myself (and how sore my ankle is). 

Well, the babe is a fussin' and my big boy is officially bored, so it is time once again to place the ole' laptop on the shelf.  Hope all of you Minnesotans have been enjoying our fabulous heat wave!

No comments: