Sunday, April 3, 2011

Cars at MOA

A couple of weeks ago we had the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to see the REAL characters from the Disney movie "Cars" at the Mall of America.    My mom, in spite of not feeling well, came along with us as we waited almost 2 hours to get an up-close look at Lightening, Mater, and this new character....
Apparently the above Cars character is not Sally.  Despite the kids insistence that the above car was not Sally, my mom and I did not believe the kids and equally insisted that the car was most definitely Sally.  To our dismay, another mom waiting in line with her equally excited preschooler boys overheard our "discussion" and informed us that the kids were actually right and that the above car is really none other than Finn McMissile, British Spy.  And, then, my mom and I felt really dumb.   

The picture below was taken right before I got ambushed by a security guard telling me to get my kids away from the ropes...you know me, I'm such the rebel! 
All the waiting made this little gal quite exhausted....
....in addition to making this little guy quite crabby (and hungry). 
So, after the Cars photo-op we made our way over to Rainforest Cafe where the waitress tricked us into purchasing $10.00 souvenir cups for the kids (ok...so she didn't really trick us, but she did show the cool frog cups to my two extremely over-tired, over-stimulated, over-hungry kids and then neglected to inform us of their outrageous price.  Seriously, $10 each for a silly plastic water bottle with a gigantic frog on top...we totally felt robbed!).  After experiencing lunch, complete with a strobe-light thunder and lightening storm, we made our way back out to the Mall. 
We stopped at the Lego store so that Zach could see all the new Lego creations...
...before we made our way over to the rides. 
The above ride, one of those free-fall hopper-type rides for little kids, actually had to be stopped because Zach started screaming in a panic that he wanted off NOW!  After that, he was a little hesitant of any of the rides that went up high.   
Although, you would never guess his trepidation from his expression above. 
Allie, on the other hand, loves all rides...and especially rides that are a little more thrilling. 
Zach's favorite ride was the choo-choo.  He looks much happier on the choo-choo than on the hot air balloon with Mom. 
They also both did a "grump-shot" for me:
.
This year, Allie was finally tall enough to take her first ride on the big roller coaster.  She was a little nervous at first, but as soon as we went down the first big drop, she was hooked!  She LOVED it and wanted to go again and again and again!  Since Ben isn't really a fan of roller coasters, I'm thrilled to have someone to ride with me! 
The bumper cars were a hit.  I'd be lying if I said I didn't have some concerned flash-forwards about what our life in about 11 years is going to be like.  All I have to say is that I'm not going to be the one teaching them to drive!
This semi-truck ride was another one of Zach's favorites.
After the rides, Olivia needed to eat, so we found a spot right next to the Crepe stand to feed her.  After sitting there for a half an hour watching people ordering and devouring crepes, I completely caved in and ordered a Nutella crepe.  Yum.  It was so good. 

Just as we were about to leave, Allie reminded us that we never went to Disneyworld (aka...the Disney Store).  It is pretty much a mortal sin to go to MOA and not stop by the Disney store.  So, we made a quick stop before collapsing in the mini van.  For the record, I believe Zach was asleep before we even left the parking structure and the girls weren't far behind. 

What a fun...and kind of exhausting...day! 

1 comment:

Laurie J said...

nutella crepes?! oh my....just another use for the wonder spread. thanks for the lol moment--we did the same thing this weekend--went to RFC and ordered those outrageous frog cups for $10 a pop. Cool....but not that cool!