Sunday, April 17, 2011

Happy Birthday Mom!

This past weekend we celebrated my mom's 50th birthday! 
The kids were excited all week long for Grandma's big day. 
Allie even spent the majority of the week making a whole slew of pictures for Grandma.  She was so excited to draw her and Grandma doing all the things they enjoy together!
Olivia was thrilled to have so many people passing her around.  I think my mom was ok with the fact that she kind of stole the show!
My sister and brother-in-law were able to be in town for the weekend to celebrate with us. 
They both couldn't believe how big Olivia had gotten since they last saw her at Christmastime.
Here are all five of us girls!
 

It was so fun to share in celebrating my mom's birthday this weekend!  I have looked up to my mom since I was a little girl.  I admired her hair, her clothing, her make up, and I thought that she was amazing for wearing high heels even though she was already six feet tall.  Everything about her was beautiful and I wanted to be just like her when I grew up. 

For as long as I can remember, everyone comments on how much my mom and I look alike.  In fact, when we go out together most people assume we are sisters!  As I've gotten older, I've come to realize that what I admire about my mom goes much deeper.  I can't help but compare my life now to what hers must have been like when she was my age.  I know it isn't fair to make such a comparison, but it simply serves to remind me of what an amazing woman my mom is.  Although I'm more than happy to physically resemble my mom, I hope that one day my kids will recognize that the things I do well as their mom are the very things I learned from my own mom.  

Happy Birthday, Mom!  We love you! 

No comments: