Tuesday, April 26, 2011

What Is Making Me Smile Today

Allie (talking to Olivia):  Look at you, cutie!  And you're sooooo fat!
Me:  Allie, honey, maybe we shouldn't call Olivia fat.
Allie:  Oh, ok.  So we can just call her fatty then, right?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zach:  Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a super hero!
Me:  I know, Zach.  Either that or a Daddy, right?
Zach:  Yep.  But, the reason I want to be a super hero is because then I can fly up to the clouds and meet Jesus!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

During church on Easter Sunday, the pastor praying said something to the effect of "Thank you, Lord, for your presence here with us..."
Zach's response, in a very loud whisper:  MOM!  Did he say presents?  I don't see the presents.  Where are the presents?  I didn't know we got presents for Easter!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allie:  Mom...I'm not sure I want to be a mom any more when I grow up. 
Me:  Really, Allie?  Why is that?
Allie:  Because you have to do a lot of work...like make all our food and clean the house and do laundry and take care of all of us.  I think that would just make me too tired. 
Zach:  But I still want to be a Daddy!
Allie:  I don't think so Zach!  That is a lot of work too.  Because you have to go to work and then you'd have to come home and help your wife with lots of stuff too.
Zach:  But I could grill!

No comments: