Monday, May 23, 2011

Behind...again

Between end of the year activities with preschool and ECFE, play dates, a few cases of the sniffles, and lots of play time outside, I am officially behind on the blog again.  After a busy weekend of errands, cleaning, church, and a birthday party, I have officially declared today a stay-at-home and catch-up day.  Apparently in addition to laundry, the kids and I are all in need of catching up on sleep as well.  Olivia and I both have a pretty yucky cold and I think naps will do us both good.  Zach and Allie, although healthy, could also use some rest time today after severe weather hampered our quiet-time efforts yesterday afternoon (nap time and blaring tornado sirens really do not go hand-in-hand). 

I'm still not feeling all that motivated to catch up here, but I do have a whole slew of pictures I need to post (so, be prepared for an onslaught of photos pretty soon).  Due to the copious amounts of snot occupying space in my head, my brain is not functioning at full capacity, so I'm just going to do a quick run down, in list form, of what's new. 

  1. Ben had our first backyard campfire with the kids last week.  Since Olivia and I were feeling pretty nasty, we stayed indoors and went to bed.  The big kids and Ben successfully devoured 5 Hershey's bars, a half package of graham crackers and an entire bag of jumbo marshmallows.  I was told Zach alone consumed at least 4 smores. 
  2. Zach hates broccoli...more specifically, he hates the "hair" on the broccoli.
  3. Allie is getting concerned about the impending end of preschool...in reality she is pretty much only concerned about what she is going to do all summer long in the absence of preschool.  Hmmm....apparently, as her activity coordinator, I best get on that.  Swim lessons are definitely in her and Zach's not-to-distant future.  And, I'm looking into a possible summer ballet class for her, but we'll see.
  4. Allie spilled an entire glass of milk at lunch time yesterday...all over the table, all over the floor, and all over Ben's Blackberry.  The table and the floor recovered.  Ben's Blackberry did not. 
  5. I'm literally running my butt off.  I know I haven't been that great about the weight loss posts, but as a quick FYI, I'm officially down 20 lbs since January.  Only about 10 more to go until pre-preggo weight.   
Alright, I can't think of much else (aren't we super exciting?!).  Lots of pics to come soon....

2 comments:

Soccerbelle said...

WOW - why to go on the weight loss! I'm proud of you - what a great accomplishment. With everything going on in your life, you've managed to stay focused on something that was important to you (and to your health) and set a great example for your children as well. Well done so far - and keep it up. Your goal is in reach!

Jen D said...

Awww...thanks Soccerbelle! I gained a lot more than I wanted to with the pregnancy, but I finally feel like I can see the light at the end of the tunnel! It has seemed a lot harder this time around too. I'll have to write more when I get a chance.