Saturday, June 4, 2011

Beautiful Saturday!

Yay!  We FINALLY have a beautiful weekend!  I'm just poppin' on real quick...because I need to soak up every ray of sunshine possible!   

Here's a run down of our day, so far:

  • We slept in....until 6:30!  That is quite an accomplishment for our early-rising children.
  • We all watched Saturday morning cartoons.
  • Ben and the kids ran to pick up a back-pack carrier that I found on Craigslist for an awesome price.  Now we can actually do some hiking with our chunk-baby.
  • I cleaned the entire house while Ben and the kids were gone and Olivia was taking her morning nap. 
  • Zach woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning...naptime was declared for him at 11:30 a.m. after he hauled off and hit Allie and had a major melt-down while in time-out.  He did not eat lunch.  It is almost 2:30 p.m. and he is still sleeping.  Apparently sleep was more of a necessity than food. 
  • We went swimming for the first time of the season yesterday.  The kids LOVED it...it is all they can talk about today.  Olivia was just kinda ok with the whole experience. 
  • We have a hornet's nest in between the house and the siding.  Ben just went to secure some spray from Home Depot to take care of that.
  • This is my last Saturday in my twenties.  Eeek!
  • I'm trying very hard to take a rest day from running.  My hips have been bothering me a lot after my runs so I know I should rest.  But, I'm having a hard time "resting" knowing that I'm only 8 lbs. away from goal weight.
  • Ben spent almost 2 hours working with Allie on how to ride her bike without training wheels.  I admire that man's patience.
  • Planning to grill pork chops for dinner...yum!
Hope everyone is enjoying the beautiful day....and the best part is that it is supposed to be just as gorgeous tomorrow.  Oh, how I love summer!

No comments: