Thursday, June 2, 2011

Happy 7 Months, Olivia!

I know I say it every month, baby girl, but I really can't believe you are actually 7 months old! 
You have been up to quite a lot over this past month.  Unfortunately, you have spent the majority of this last month feeling under the weather.  You caught a couple nasty colds that seemed to go on and on with lots of congestion and coughing.  I took you to the doctor for a quick check-up when I realized you had been sick for 3 weeks and began running a low grade temperature. Thankfully, it just took you some additional  time to fully recover and you are finally feeling back to your normal, happy-baby self now.  And, did I mention that at the doctor's office you weighed in at a whoppin' 20 pounds?! 

I think the fact that you now LOVE eating solids has helped you continue to develop all those adorable chub rolls.  Even though you still love nursing too, you get extremely excited whenever we put you in your highchair.  You still don't care for anything green and I haven't been brave enough to try bananas again (I just don't want to go down that whole puking road if I can help it), but you pretty much devour everything else:  squash, sweet potatoes, peaches, pears, apples, prunes, to name a few.  You are up to three meals a day, mostly because you insist upon eating when you see us eating.  We gave you a wagon wheel for the first time a couple weeks ago and you did great holding onto it and gumming it.  I'm sure you'll be graduating to Cheerios in no time.  I just started giving you a sippy cup with water this past week, but you don't seem to be too interested in that.
You've completely perfected your ability to sit up this month and can now safely sit in a restaurant high chair and in the cart at the grocery store or Target.  You enjoy the fact that sitting helps you see everyone and everything going on.  Also, it seems a lot easier for you to play when you are sitting.  When you do get tired of sitting, you simply arch your back and plop onto the floor.  I'm always afraid you are going to hurt yourself, but you don't seem to mind the plopping at all!  You also enjoy laying down because you can scooch on your back around and around or roll over on your tummy and lift up on your arms.  I don't think you are anywhere near crawling, but that is fine by me.  I quite enjoy the fact that I don't have to chase you all around the house...yet!  

You still continue to put everything in your mouth, but have no teeth yet.  Zach likes to share toys and food with you, so we have to be especially watchful that he doesn't give you things that you can choke on. 

For the first time ever, you cried when I took something away from you this month.  We were at Grandma and Grandpa's and you were choking yourself with a baby spoon, so I took it away and you got soooo mad!  Since then, you have cried when we've had to put certain toys away and you've even started crying when I lay you down for naps during the day time and walk away.  You hate it when any of us leaves the room and you make sure we know how you feel about it.  Also, we've noticed you getting much more "vocal"  when trying to get our attention.  I think you are finally learning how to make your voice heard around here!
Sleep-wise, you are still a champ.  You woke up a lot at night this past month, but mostly due to the fact that you were so congested that you couldn't breathe.  You typically go to bed around 7:30-7:45 and sleep until 5:30-6:00.  Morning nap is from about 8:30-10:30 and afternoon nap is from about 1:30-3:00.  You love to sleep with your little pink elephant/blanket and more often than not, even though we put you down on your back, you roll over to sleep on your tummy.

You are still the happiest baby I have ever known!  Your laid back, observant, pleasant personality is truly a joy.  You love to giggle and are becoming quite ticklish.  Peek-a-boo has become one of your favorite games and we all love playing it with you because it always makes you smile and laugh.  You are also starting to like to read books and will even sit in my lap and listen quite contentedly while I read longer chapter books to Allie and Zach. 

You learned how to rock the rocking chair during this photo session and were quite proud of yourself. 

And, you are also completely enamored by your feet.  You are constantly grabbing them and playing with them.  I understand...because I do believe those are the cutest feet I have ever seen!

Happy 7 Months, Bug-a-Boo!  We couldn't be happier that you are part of our family!

No comments: