Thursday, June 2, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend Part I

I have a feeling that one day when I look back at this blog I will think that I was always behind on things because it always takes me longer than anticipated to sort through, edit, and post all of our fun pictures.  Wait a minute...I pretty much am always behind on things...so, I'm not sure why I would have such different expectations for my blog.  Probably because somewhere in the back recesses of my mind I remember what life was like in the pre-mommy days.  Anyway, all that to let you know that you should prepare yourself for yet another onslaught of photographic souvenirs from this past Memorial Day weekend. 

This year we made the trek south to Wisconsin to visit a whole slew of family members over the long holiday.  We began our time in Sheboygan Falls with a visit to my sister and brother-in-law's home.  Although the weather was a little cooler than we would have liked, we made the best of our time outside. 

Besides the homemade brownie sundaes and playing Super Mario Bros. and Donkey Kong on the Super Nintendo (oh wait...that last one was just for the adults), I'm sure the kids would say their favorite part of our time with Aunt Stephanie and Uncle Chris B. was fishing in the pond. 


We hadn't really planned on fishing and the kids had never gone fishing before, but after Stephanie mentioned that they stock the pond each year and they always see young kids fishing out there, the guys made a trip to Wal-Mart to find some kids' fishing rods and worms.  Fishing was a complete hit!  Especially because everyone caught fish!


And, seriously, how can you not love an almost 30-year old man that can confidently catch a less than 5-inch fish with a pink princess fishing rod and have that big of a smile on his face?! 
Ben even took the kids back over to the pond in the evening before bedtime and both kids caught their very own fish at the same time!  Ben said the only thing he really did was bait the hooks and take the fish off.  Casting, hooking the fish, and reeling them in was all done by Allie and Zach. 

We also spent the day at the park in downtown Sheboygan Falls, complete with an outdoor bbq picnic for dinner.  The kids had the most fun playing on the toys. 


While the guys supervised the big kids, my sister and I took care of Olivia....which was definitely a hard job (ha!). 


We also went for a walk in downtown Sheboygan Falls where we found this awesome place for Ben to pose for a quick pic:
Badgers and Packers...can it get any better than that?!

We had a fun time with my sister and brother-in-law and were so happy that it worked out to spend part of our weekend with them!  Plus, we got a pretty good family picture too:

No comments: