Tuesday, July 19, 2011

A Bad Monday for Zach

Yesterday while Allie and Zach were playing quietly (and nicely) together downstairs while Olivia was napping, I seized the opportunity to take a shower.  A few minutes into my shower, Allie came up to notify me that Zach was using markers and NOT coloring on paper. 

After taking a few deep breaths, I grabbed my towel and headed downstairs to assess the damages.  Fortunately, the walls, carpet, and table were fine.  Instead, Zach had decided to use his own skin as his personal canvas.  Apparently, Allie squealed on him before he was able to finish his mustache. 
When I told him I was going to take a picture so that Daddy could see, Zach's only concern was whether or not he was in trouble.  Frankly, he had already had a rough morning with a HUGE melt down at swim lessons (jury's still out as to why the melt down occurred in the first place) and I was so thankful that I didn't have to clean marker off of the floor or walls that I just declared it nap time. 

And, then, later that evening he spit a snot-wad on Olivia's head...for absolutely no reason other than he claimed he thought it would be funny.  (Seriously?!  Funny?!  I guess we don't have the same sense of humor).  He cleaned up her head, said he was sorry, and then went to bed. 

I've been told that when he's older, I'll be longing for the days gone by when markers and snot wads were our biggest issues.  Either that or I'll be banging my head against the wall because markers and snot wads will still be among our biggest issues!  

Let the record show that he partially redeemed himself by eating the "hair" of a piece of broccoli last night.  Granted, he only ate it because I told him that broccoli hair would give him super-toots, but still, it was consumed without objection....and he even asked for more tonight.

1 comment:

rosa said...

That is so beautiful... The small blessings (and minor upsets) of being a mother