Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Heat Wave!

We are in the midst of a heat wave this week the likes that have not been seen around here for almost 40 years.  Lest you don't agree with my MN definition of heat wave...

  • Yesterday the heat index was some crazy number like 120-degrees and when I looked at the humidity percentage on my phone at one point it said 94%. 
  • Every evening and morning there is condensation on the outside of our windows...so much so that you can't even see outside. 
  • I can't even take pictures outside because my camera lens fogs up.
  • The kids and I are dripping in sweat after the 30 seconds it takes to walk from the back door to the van in our detached garage.
  • No one on our street has mowed in over a week...even the retirees who typically mow 2-3 times per week.
  • The kids don't even want to go to swim lessons because the water is too warm.
Ok...so for the record, I'm not necessarily complaining.  But, just a mere 6 months ago my body was trying to deal with windchills in the negative forties and now I'm supposed to acclimate myself to an over 100-degree temperature swing?!  Craziness.

So, to beat the heat, we've been consuming lots of Popsicles.  And by lots, I mean one after every meal and even some for snacks.  After lots of whining, hand waving, and foot kicking from the high chair, I finally gave in.





She pretty much devoured it.  Hopefully we will be getting some relief from the heat soon.  Otherwise, I'm going to need to go to Rainbow for more Popsicles. 

1 comment:

ella peterson said...

tomorrow it is supposed to be 88 with dew points back down to the 60's :) the winter lover that I am thought I would never hear myself says 88 sounds like bliss!