Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Happy 10 Months, Olivia!

Wow!  Olivia, you have reached double-digit ages (well, as far as months are concerned) and I can hardly believe it.  You are very much still the cuddly baby of the family, but just look how much you have grown in the past ten months! 
Everyone always asks us whether we think you look more like Allie or Zach, but we are discovering more and more that you are your own unique person.  You definitely resemble your brother and sister and there is no doubt about the fact that you belong in our family, but with each passing day, your look and your personality is becoming all your own. 

In fact, you are finally starting to come out of your easy-going shell and aren't afraid to let us know exactly what you want...especially if you feel something has been unjustly taken from you (like the piece of paper you were about to consume in the photo below). 
Although you do have your less-than-ideal moments, for the most part, you are the happiest little gal I know. 
You LOVE to play and make silly noises with your mouth.
In fact, you love it even more if we imitate your silliness.

And, you are never afraid to give yourself a good round of applause when you know you are being stinkin' cute.

You just started waving the other day and it melts my heart every time.  I will always remember the first time you waved goodbye to me.  I was telling your Daddy something on my way out of the house and right before leaving, I looked over to you and said, "bye-bye!"  You looked straight back at me, smiled, then lifted up your chubby left hand and began waving.  The reason it was so amazing to me is because it was the first time I knew that you knew exactly what I was saying to you!  I didn't even wave, yet you knew I was leaving and the right thing to do was wave goodbye.  I'm afraid I'm confusing you now, though, because I love seeing you wave so much that I am constantly saying "bye-bye" to you to see if you will wave! 

As I think over this past month, I realize you are definitely communicating more to us through your voice and hand motions.  For instance, when Daddy comes home from work each evening, you immediately lift your hands in the air because you want him to pick you up.  When you are eating in your high chair and want more food, we can almost always count on you to utter the "mmmm" sound until you get exactly what you want.  You give kisses and nuzzle into our necks for hugs and you still make a fuss whenever I leave the room because you want to be near me. 
You may not be crawling, but you are so close!  And, when you can't seem to figure out how to make yourself move on all fours, you just resort to rolling...which gets you anywhere you want to go. 

You LOVE to practice standing and just today, I noticed you were trying your hardest to pull up to the coffee table.  Is it possible you'll just skip crawling and go right to walking?  Hmmm....not sure if I'm ready for that! 

I'm not sure how big you are, but your 18 month clothes fit you perfectly.  My guess is somewhere between 22-23 pounds.  Obviously, you love to eat.  Although you are officially done with baby food (you are definitely the little independent eater), we still have to dice up our food in pretty tiny pieces because your two little teeth just can't chew as much as you'd like them to.  We've noticed that you typically feed yourself with your left hand (you also grab toys with your left hand) and are wondering if you'll be a lefty like your dad.  Only time will tell!

Just when you have an awesome sleep pattern down (8pm-6:30am...9am-10:30am....2pm-4pm), it looks like the kids' back to school schedule is going to change you all up.  We've noticed the more sleep you get during the day, the longer you will sleep at night.  So, skipped naps usually equal that lovely 4:30-5am wake up time.  I'm hoping once we settle into our back-to-school routine, we can also settle into those good sleep habits again.
 
Olivia, you are growing healthy, laughing often, and are a joy to have as a part of our family!  We love you...Happy 10 Months, Bug-a-boo!

2 comments:

Laurie J said...

happy 10 months, olivia!
<3

Kelley @ TheGrantLife.com said...

Just wanted to stop by and say hello! I've been following your blog for a month or so and I love it! If you get a chance get us our at www.thegrantlife.com. :)

Oh and happy 10 months Olivia!