Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Brain Dump

I have lots of things floating around in my head today that I wanted to formulate into a blog post and it appears I have approximately 15 minutes to do so while Olivia is napping and the kids are with Ben for lunch.  Ben is working late tonight, so he decided to swing by home, pick Zach up, then pick Allie up from kindergarten, and take them both out for lunch.

I just finished a mountain of laundry and I can officially say for the next 15 minutes there will be absolutely no dirty laundry in the house.  After Olivia wakes up and the kids and Ben return home, that may not be the case.   

Besides needing to go to the doctor for Allie's 6-year old well-check, I'm not really sure what the plan is for the rest of the day.  Other than the fact that we are having leftovers for dinner, I haven't thought much about what to do to occupy our time for the remainder of the day. 

Yesterday marked the 10 year anniversary of me saying yes to the most important question I have ever been asked.  After we put the kids to bed early, we celebrated our engagement anniversary (that seems so silly--I don't think anyone else but us probably keeps track of the day they got engaged!) by watching the newest episode of "Glee" on the DVR and eating the rest of the Halloween Milk Duds my sister pawned off on us over Thanksgiving before falling asleep at approximately 9:15 pm.  We live wild and crazy lives around here, people. 

Olivia is officially 13 months old today.  I do believe month 12-13 was the quickest one yet, but I say that every month, so I'm not really sure it means much anymore.  She is sportin' another tooth (the top left), talks constantly (although we can only guess at what she is saying), loves to be "walked" around the house, crawls everywhere, gets into almost everything, climbs a few steps, had her first play-in-the-toilet incident, is down to taking only one nap a day, loves to color, loves to read books, and loves baby dolls most of all. 

She is also getting interested in helping me with chores and last week, while she was "helping" me with laundry, she successfully put 5 pairs of underwear on her head.  I was going to take a picture, but then realized most of the underwear she was wearing were mine and I just didn't feel right about my underwear being posted for all to see...atop my one-year-old's head. 

Anyway, when I told the kids today that it was Olivia's 13 month birthday today, they both assumed we would be having cake.  When I told them we don't really have cake to celebrate monthly birthdays (although, maybe that wouldn't be such a bad idea...they may be onto something) Zach said that it was ok because Baby Jesus' birthday is coming up and we can just have some of his birthday cake then.  Alrighty.  I guess I will be making a Baby Jesus birthday cake this year.

Speaking of Zach, he told the checker at Target that he sometimes sins.  She complimented him by telling him he was such a good boy and Zach responded, "Yep, but good isn't enough.  I sometimes disobey and sin."  Can you tell what we've been talking about lately?  Or, that the kids have been working on Romans 3:23 for their memory verse this week?

And, it looks like my 15 minutes are up.

No comments: