Sunday, November 13, 2011

I Was Wrong

After all that negative anticipation surrounding my attendance at yesterday's Badger/Gopher game, I was convinced I would have a pretty rotten afternoon.  However, I am not too proud to admit that I was dead wrong. 

The 60-degree temps, mini-donuts, marching band, hot chocolate, and adult conversation free of multiple kid interruptions made for a fun and relaxing afternoon away with my favorite guy.  Apparently, I was much more in need of a break than I even realized!

And, in case you don't believe me, I have proof that I indeed enjoyed myself:

The Badgers won by a landslide, even despite one fairly tricky play where the Gopher kicker actually scored a legit touchdown only to miss the extra point when he failed to kick the ball in between the goal posts.  MN got another touchdown at some point, but I think I totally missed that one. 

Needless to say, the Badgers scored the most and Bucky got his workout yesterday with more push ups than I could even keep track of.

The new stadium was amazing.  I know I haven't been in a lot of stadiums, but I am still in awe of how nice and clean the U of M facility was.   

I became a little less than interested in the actual football game after half time and I'm fairly certain I talked Ben's coworker's wife's ear off.  When I realized I was becoming a bit too chatty, I just focused my attention on the national award winning cheer team.
After the game, Ben treated me to dinner at Macaroni Grill.  We were both famished by the time we arrived at the restaurant and ate our weight in bread and pasta.  By the time we made it home, my parents had fed and bathed all the kids who were in their pajamas and ready for bed (Olivia had already hit the sack and was sound asleep).
 
Usually I don't like to be the one that is wrong, but in this case, I'm sure glad I was!

No comments: