Saturday, November 5, 2011

My Thoughts On Daylight Savings Time

This weekend we are supposed to set the clocks back for Daylight Savings Time. 

I hate Daylight Savings Time.

I used to like Daylight Savings Time, especially in the Fall when I was blessed with an entire hour of extra time to do whatever I please...most often utilized for sleeping in. 

But, now there are three little people living in our house that don't quite get the concept of Daylight Savings Time.  And they definitely do not understand the concept of sleeping in.   

So, now my doable mornings of getting kids ready beginning at 6:30 will now shift to 5:30.  And, won't it be lovely if they decide to wake up early at 5:30 (which is often the case)?!  Then, I get to begin the process at what really is 4:30.  Oh joy.   It seems like every year, just as we get into a doable morning routine, Daylight Savings Time comes around and screws it all up. 

Someone really needs to do something about stopping this whole silly ordeal of setting the clocks back every Fall...I can guarantee that parents of little kids everywhere will be forever indebted to you. 

Just my two cents...and now I will step down off of my soap box.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

This is my first time change with my infant twins (11 months old) and I am SO NERVOUS!!! They are in a great sleeping routine (including great naps), but I fear it's going to get all messed up. I will join you on your soap box!

And for the record, I'm going to bed when they do tonight in preparation for their arousal at 5:00 a.m. tomorrow. Blah!

Jen D said...

Tracy--I hope the time change didn't mess you guys up too much--I think it is always hardest on the babies! This morning, I was pleasantly surprised that Olivia slept until 6:15, Allie until 6:30, and Zach until 6:45. Totally doable! Thanks for stopping by!