Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Our Tuesday Afternoon

Due to the lack of snow, it has been hard for me to wrap my head around the fact that the Christmas season is upon us.  So today, during Olivia's afternoon nap time the kids and I created our own Christmas cheer by making some holiday crafts together.  After we gathered the glue, paint, scissors, and construction paper, we put on some Christmas music and got ourselves into more festive spirits.  Granted, the kids have been singing "Jingle Bells" and "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer" since this past July, so the music was definitely more for my benefit than theirs. 


After we exhausted our supply of watercolors and completed our gingerbread boy and girl cut-outs....

....we put the finishing touches on our hand print angels.

I thought that the angels turned out really cute and since I didn't want Olivia to feel left out, I helped her make her very own after she woke up from her nap.
Even after all that crafting, the kids were still looking for more Christmas activities to keep them busy, so I provided them with a few Christmas mazes and a word search I had printed free online earlier this morning. 

We also spent quite a fair amount of time reading "Judy Moody & Stink:  The Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad Treasure Hunt."

And, that was our Tuesday afternoon. 

No comments: