Friday, January 6, 2012

Back to the Norm

This week has been all about getting back into the normal swing of things....for most of us.

You see, while I've been holding down the fort here at home, a certain someone boarded a plane....

and left the normally frigid, yet unseasonably warm 45-degree Minnesota winter, and headed for the warmer and even milder sunny temperatures...

in Las Vegas!

While we've been readjusting to early mornings, eating breakfast quickly, and racing out the door to make it to school on time, Ben has been taking in the views of dessert, lakes, and mountains...

....in between very important work meetings, of course. 

Each night before bed, the kids and I look forward to seeing what pictures Ben sends to my e-mail over the course of the day. 

So far, we've gotten to see pictures of what it looks like to peek outside an airplane window...

where he had to wait for his ride to the hotel....

and the neat places he has visited so far....



We sure miss him, but it has been fun to see what he's been up to while he's away. 

To be honest, I was a little concerned about my and the kid's survival while Ben was away, but so far, so good.  Usually by 5:00 pm, we are all ready for Daddy to be home, but I believe God has definitely granted us some extra patience and grace with one another this week while Daddy has been gone.  I also typically don't sleep well when Ben is away, and although I'm definitely feeling a bit more tired and worn out than normal, God has answered my prayers of restful sleep these past few nights. 

It has also helped that we've kept pretty busy with school work, books, and art projects...along with our regular preschool and kindergarten schedules.   I miraculously haven't had to resort to the television....yet. However, I fully intend on taking advantage of the magic of cartoons on Saturday morning. 

This morning after we pick Allie up from kindergarten we'll be heading to my parents' house to spend the afternoon and evening.  Then, before we know it, Daddy will be home...then it really will be back to normal.

No comments: