Sunday, April 1, 2012

Early Morning Excitement

Ben commented yesterday that I haven't really blogged much lately and he's right.  Although we did spend a good part of March sick and I couldn't come up with much to say without sounding like a big ole' complainer, I just haven't had too much to say lately.  Shocker, huh?  Especially to those who know me
~
Even this morning, as three dump trucks made their way down our street along with a trailer hauling a digger (no, much to the chagrin of my civil engineer husband, I do not know the correct terminology for most construction equipment) and parked right in front of our house, the possibility for a potential blog post did not even cross my mind.  In fact, Ben is the one that came into the living room where all four of us were watching the production out the front window and asked why in the world I wasn't taking any pictures of such a momentous occasion to post to my blog. 
~
So, before leaving for church, I whipped out the camera and took a few shots. 


It's not every day in our quiet neighborhood that the water main breaks right in front of our neighbor's house....so the kids were completely enthralled by the whole ordeal. 
~
I was just incredibly thankful that we were all up, showered, and fed before the water was shut off at approximately 8:10 this morning.  We did cut it close, though.  I'm pretty sure Ben turned off the shower faucet right as they turned the water off.  Impeccable timing.
~
After the early morning's excitement, we did end up arriving later than normal to church only to discover that they were experiencing a power outage!  Thankfully, there are lots of windows in the building and the power did eventually come back on, but what a crazy morning.
~
After lunch at my parents' house, we arrived back home to a filled hole in the middle of the street and working water inside our house. 
~
The kids, however, were a little sad to have missed the rest of the show. 

No comments: