Monday, April 9, 2012

Rice Krispie Treat Bird Nests

Since Allie was itchin' to concoct a special Easter treat in the kitchen, I decided to peruse Pinterest to see what I could find that would be both a tasty and kid friendly creation.  I came up with this version of Rice Krispie Treat Nests. 

We used the typical Rice Krispie treat recipe and I had the kids help me press the mixture into greased muffin tins. We made sure to indent the top with a spoon for the eggs. 


Then, we opted to use green frosting in place of green colored coconut (not my choice, I LOVE coconut, but the rest of my family despises it...and that is putting it lightly) and placed Cadbury mini chocolate eggs on top. 




The end result was tasty and cute!



In fact, I think Bug was a little irritated that we had so much fun in the kitchen while she was napping. 

Her frustration was short lived...She got over it as soon as we gave her a nest and she realized how yummy they were.   

No comments: