Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Just A Little Behind

Apparently I am a terrible blogger once the sun comes out and we begin to experience glimpses of summer.  In between afternoons spent out in the backyard enjoying the glorious 70-degree weather (and even 80's a few days), playing kickball with the kids (or a loose version that I taught them where we don't really have any teams, we each get a turn to kick the ball, and everyone always gets a home run...a version which my competitive husband does not understand as exemplified by him pelting me on the head with the big pink ball before I could even make it to second base), and eating Popsicles for snacks every afternoon, we've also....

had fun playing with our friends....


Enjoyed watching Allie put on the finishing touches for her spring recital in dance class....



The power company provided us with hours of entertainment when they hired tree trimmers to come to our neighborhood and trim the trees away from the power lines....



We've been keeping up with "homework" despite feeling like we'd rather pretend that school is already out for summer....



I have to mention that this is the very first time I have seen Zach draw people.  And, he drew a picture of me and him together.  I am on the left and he is on the right with the spikes in his hair.  He was extremely upset that our ears (the blue objects) made it look like we had four eyes.  So, in frustration, he declared he was never drawing people again.  Hmmm....a little perfectionist, maybe? 
Although Olivia often starts out homework time coloring, she usually tires of it quickly and proceeds to wander around the kitchen all cute-looking while asking for a snack.


My trip to visit my sister this past weekend in Wisconsin also did not help me in catching up on my blogging.  However, a sister-weekend complete with more dessert than any two people should ever consume, shopping, chatting, laughing, to-die-for Mexican, and three chick-flicks was just perfect.  I can't remember the last time my sister and I had the opportunity to spend an extended period of time together without husbands or kids...probably before husbands and kids...and since my nephew is due to arrive in about a month or less, we were thrilled to have this one last chance while my bro-in-law was out of town for his sister's college graduation....because, honestly, it may be another ten years before we get to do it again!   

So, now I'm desperately trying to catch up on here before I forget Olivia's first sentences ("door op" and "Zach cwy" and "in da twuck")....or forget to mention that Allie cut two more molars while Olivia cut her two top eye teeth...or how Zach told me that he watched the movie "Beethoven" at grandma and grandpa's house and that the big dog is called a "Menard."

I think I need to get my hands on a lap top that I can use outside that doesn't have terrible screen glare.  I can guarantee I'd be more on top of things if I could blog while soaking up the rays.  Until then, I'll be outside playing everyone-wins kickball.....

No comments: