Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Why So Quiet?

It has been quiet around here for the past week.  And, I don't only mean quiet around the blog. 

You see, while Allie's grass buddy continued to sprout some funky locks...

....and Zach' garden became a tad overgrown....


...Ben and I hopped a plane to the gorgeous sunny state of...


where it was officially HOT...

and lush...

and breathtaking...

and beautiful....


We missed our three wackos dearly while they stayed with Grandma and Grandpa for the week we were away.....


But, we learned that nine years in between kids-free vacations is defnitely too long.

(Ok, ok, so when Allie was about 18 months old we took a two-night trip to Chicago without her, but other than that, our honeymoon to Mexico was our last alone-together vacay).


I have far more pictures to post and because this is my main means of record-keeping for our family, I will definitely be back with plenty more to share.  While it is always good to be home after time away, there seems to be a few more things that require my attention here that have left me with little time to sort and edit pictures.  So, in between loads of laundry, retrieving snacks and drinks, changing diapers, and playing referee, I'll do my best to come up with some coherant thoughts about our time away. 

Or maybe I'll just look at all our pretty pictures and pretend I'm still there basking in the glorious sunshine with not a care or demand in the world....

No comments: