Friday, August 17, 2012

Lunchtime Conversation

Zach:  When I grow up, Mom, I'm bringing my kids with us on vacation.
~
Me:  Mmmm...ok.
[I was chewing my ham sandwich and I honestly had no idea where  or why he came up with this conversation topic.]
~
Zach:  That way, you can meet my kids, Mom...while we are on vacation!
[Alrighty...Let's just go with this....]
~
Me:  Sounds good to me, bud.
~
Allie:  (interrupting...nothing new here...)  But, Zach, you can't have kids because you don't want to get married!
[Allie does have a point...Zach has a long-standing assertion that unless he can marry me or Olivia, he is absolutely NOT getting married.]
~
Zach:  But, I want kids.  So, I think I'll get married.  But not now.  Because I'm just a kid. 
~
Allie:  Well, then, who are you going to marry?  And you can't marry Mommy or Olivia because you can't marry someone you're related to!
[Thank you, Allie, for that necessary clarification.]
~
Zach:  (obvious frustration in his voice)  Arrgh!  I don't know, ALLIE!  I told you...I'm JUST A KID!
~
Allie:  But, do you at least know where you are going to find a wife?
[Long, long pause while Zach silently contemplates Allie's most recent inquiry.  Finally, his eyes light up and he looks at me eagerly...]
~
Zach:  So, Mom...where exactly did Daddy find you?


1 comment:

cambodani said...

This is hilarious! Thanks for sharing!