Monday, October 8, 2012

5 Years...Just Like That

October 5, 2007

October 5, 2008

October 5, 2009
 

October 5, 2010

October 5, 2011

October 5, 2012
You are 5 years old now, Zach...FIVE!  As I looked through the pictures we have captured of you over the past five years, I couldn't help but notice how much you have grown and changed.  And although you may be taller now and can hold a conversation with me for as long as I will listen, I have a feeling that some things about you will never change.  Your baby blue eyes.  Your fascination with how everything works.  Your love for birthday cake frosting.  Your extremely sharp memory. 

I'm certain you don't want us to know, but we are on to you, kiddo...you are one smart cookie.  Whether you are cracking a new joke or secretely reading a few words (yes, bud, although you claim you cannot read, we are so onto you!), I'm pretty sure that mind of yours is always busy. 

Your love for all things CARS, pirates, dinosaurs, and legos keeps you quite busy.  You run everywhere you go and no matter how many times we remind you, you still think the couch is best used as a jumping platform.  You love to watch football with Daddy, especially the Green Bay Packers, however I sometimes wonder if you are more excited for the actual football or the game time snacks. 

Although at age 5 you have declared you will never EVER move away from home, I have a feeling you will one day change your mind.  That snuggling next to Mom on the couch reading books followed by playing board games won't always be on the top of your agenda list.  But, for now, I'm glad it is one of your favorite things to do. 

As you continue to grow, we pray for God's direction in your life and for His grace as we help guide you in the world.  We pray that your heart will be open to God's leading and your faith, even as a young child, will be the foundation on which you navigate through life. 

We love you, Zach!  Happy Five Years, Buddy! 

No comments: