Thursday, October 25, 2012

Snow Day!


I declared today the first official snow day of the season.  Granted, nothing is sticking to the ground, but there are plenty of big, fat, fluffy, white flakes falling from the sky.  And, we all know what a snow day means....

 
HOMEMADE COOKIES!
 
 
 

Since I wasn't fully prepared for cookie baking, we made a quick stop at Walgreens for some butter before dropping Allie off at school.  Although she was a little bummed to not be participating in snow day (well, at that point this morning it was only rain day) cookie baking, she got over her disappointment quickly when she realized she would still be able to partake in the final bounty without putting forth any effort. 
 
 
So, upon returning home and armed with my two helpers, we began making our Snickerdoodle Pumpkin Cookie batter.
 



 
I made a new chocolate chip cookie recipe too, but my two helpers lost interest after they reaped the immediate, pre-baked rewards of their own hard work.
 



 
I was basically left in the kitchen alone to bake the cookies and clean up the mess while the two helpers created yet another mess in their bedrooms....which is ok...because it's a snow day...meaning they were bribed to clean up their rooms with the promise of watching a movie.   Now, I have clean rooms and quiet children. 
 
Snow days are great...huh?
 
Anyway, both batches of cookies turned out amazing.  I might just have found a new favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe:  soft, chewy, almost impossible to overbake!  The pumpkin snickerdoodles are awesome too...the only way they could be made better is with a drizzling of cream cheese frosting.  You can find the recipes here, if you are interested:
 
 
Our first official snow day was quite the success...despite the fact that I think I may have broken our oven...again.  Ugh.  I think I need another cookie.....

No comments: